Sen. Scott Brown Keeps Promise: Lunatic Fringe Loses

The Lunatic Fringe went wild when Scott Brown won the MA. Senate Seat held for decades by the Lion of Liberalism, Edward Kennedy.

Early on people like me (sane people) warned the lunatics that it was they who would be most unhappy with the choice they supposedly backed.

I guess they thought he was another lying fuck, using nods and winks when he said he would do what he thought was right. That promise included bucking the party as that is what is business as usual.

I guess many on the right fringe, really do not want business as usual to win over the business of obstruction.

sucks to Tea Bag an election.

:lol:
Despite the fact he opposes the bill, Republican Sen. Scott Brown took to the Senate floor Tuesday to announce he would vote to end a Republican filibuster on a bill extending unemployment benefits and tax credits.

Washington (CNN) - Barely a month in office, Sen. Scott Brown, R-Massachusetts, is putting some muscle behind his independent image by twice voting against his own party and questioning the use of the filibuster.

Brown took to the Senate floor Tuesday to announce he would vote for cloture, or to end a Republican filibuster, on a bill extending unemployment benefits and tax credits. This, despite the fact he opposes the bill and technically the filibuster helped his cause.

"I have very serious concerns about the overall cost of the bill," Brown told the chamber, "but my vote for cloture signals that I believe we need to keep the process moving." He also said, "there has been a week of debate and allowing this bill to receive an up-and-down vote, would be a step, I feel, in the right direction."

With Brown’s help, the nearly $140 billion bill cleared the procedural hurdle on a vote of 66-34, setting it up for passage.

Read the rest of this entry »

maybe Scott is the real deal?

If he is, he is the first profile in courage we've seen in a while. Funny, thing...profile in courage (Kennedy award)...

some things need repeating...

Forum List

Back