Sen. Scott Brown Keeps Promise: Lunatic Fringe Loses

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    The Lunatic Fringe went wild when Scott Brown won the MA. Senate Seat held for decades by the Lion of Liberalism, Edward Kennedy.

Early on people like me (sane people) warned the lunatics that it was they who would be most unhappy with the choice they supposedly backed.

I guess they thought he was another lying fuck, using nods and winks when he said he would do what he thought was right. That promise included bucking the party as that is what is business as usual.

I guess many on the right fringe, really do not want business as usual to win over the business of obstruction.

sucks to Tea Bag an election.

:lol:
    maybe Scott is the real deal?

If he is, he is the first profile in courage we've seen in a while. Funny, thing...profile in courage (Kennedy award)...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Kennedy was hardly a profile in courage.

He was too busy carousing in the White House pool to actually do the hard work of passing civil rights legislation, he just talked about it a lot.

It took the beagle ear twirling hick, the greatest legislator in US history, LBJ (who could fuck and legislate, unlike JFK) to pass that, and then LBJ (and Nixon, and Ford) had to try and sort out Kennedy's frivolous frolic in Vietnam.

3. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    thread's not about kennedy. :cuckoo:

4. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200

Good, more cooperation would be nice, instead of the usual partisan bickering and thoughts that if one party is in control and does good, they will lose elections. THis is why it would be awesome to have more parties

5. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Triangulation. Scott Brown really could end up being a great leader in the Republican Party. His skills are pretty impressive so far. I guess we'll see.

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    right now, more parties would bring more grid lock. right now the problem is not the amount of parties we have. the problem is who we the people send to washington. we send people with no back bone who have no balls.

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    now you sound like a weirdo. Scott Brown is not triangulating, he is doing what is best for the people of MA. That is a no no in the GOP. If he wanted to be a leader in the GOP he would stiff his constituents and parrot the shit that spills out of the mouths of the real powers in the GOP...Rush and co.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Political Triangulation. All successful Leaders master this practice. Brown has surprised me a bit. I'm impressed. He really could be a Heavyweight contender at some point. Stay tuned.

9. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I mentioned this on another thread, but the general public IMO is easily swayed by the bullshit that politicians throw around. TEH talking points, the lies, the smears, the inability to compromise. The people reward that shit. But also, if we had more parties, we'd have more options, and it wouldn't just be this way or that way, there would be other options. Right now its the lesser of two evils pretty much to elect. Adn read many of the posts here that emulate the mudslinging, lies and talking points that plague politics, the stupid ass people just keep it up.

In the court of public opinion, if anybody goes against wha'ts been drilled into the layman's head, like that anybody who didn't support the Iraq war was unpatriotic, they would never get elected again and there goes their career. LIke any dem that didn't support the Iraq invasion would of been lambasted and likely voted out. I use that because its a great example of the stupidity of politics. btu I guess that goes with "having no balls" comment that you said, but then again, they would probably not be reelected

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Deregulated User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    "Real deal" meaning a liberal or an independent? If you mean independent, then i would agree that only the most hopeful of conservatives expected him to tow the party line. For me though, his vote against Obamacare was just one of his views, and i'm happy here's in there for that. More power to him if he's going to vote based on his beliefs and/or the will of his constituents, not his party line. I wish more politicians would do that on both sides.