Sen Reid msg to Repubs about filling SCOTUS vacancy

Any patriot in the Senate will see it as his or her duty to block and Obama nominee to the Supreme Court. Under the circumstances it is their duty.
what "circumstances"? There is a vacancy that needs to be filled ASAP. The Court is flooded w/ work that needs to be done. You know- the people's business?

Any patriot in the Senate will see it as his or her duty to block and Obama nominee to the Supreme Court. Under the circumstances it is their duty.
what "circumstances"? There is a vacancy that needs to be filled ASAP. The Court is flooded w/ work that needs to be done. You know- the people's business?
8 will have to be enough.............unless Obama chooses to not play politics with his decision.

Harry Reid To Republicans: You Better Not Block Us From Replacing Scalia
“There is no doubt Justice Antonin Scalia was a brilliant man. We had our differences and I disagreed with many of his opinions, but he was a dedicated jurist and public servant. I offer my condolences to his family."

“The President can and should send the Senate a nominee right away. With so many important issues pending before the Supreme Court, the Senate has a responsibility to fill vacancies as soon as possible. It would be unprecedented in recent history for the Supreme Court to go a year with a vacant seat. Failing to fill this vacancy would be a shameful abdication of one of the Senate's most essential Constitutional responsibilities.”

Sen Reid is a true Statesman. :salute:
Sen Reid is a proven idiot.

The circumstances being, we have a radical leftist douche currently squatting in our White House.

The circumstances being, we have a radical leftist douche currently squatting in our White House.
Is that another way of saying you people couldn't run electable candidates?

“There is no doubt Justice Antonin Scalia was a brilliant man. We had our differences and I disagreed with many of his opinions, but he was a dedicated jurist and public servant. I offer my condolences to his family."

“The President can and should send the Senate a nominee right away. With so many important issues pending before the Supreme Court, the Senate has a responsibility to fill vacancies as soon as possible. It would be unprecedented in recent history for the Supreme Court to go a year with a vacant seat. Failing to fill this vacancy would be a shameful abdication of one of the Senate's most essential Constitutional responsibilities.”

WTF. I wouldn't have done that. Why challenge them now, no use stirring the pot before the broth is in. He'll have some asshole TPers get their stubborn up and try to filibuster for a year or something.

Any republican who would vote for any of Obamas picks can kiss their political career good bye
This will wait for the elections imo...

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments. US Cont. Article II, Section 2

It was neither the intent nor understanding of the Founding Generation that the Senate may deny a president his nominee to a given appointed office, including that of the Supreme Court, solely for subjective, partisan reasons – a Senate hostile to a president for purely partisan reasons is not good cause to block an appointment; nor is there anything in the text, history, or jurisprudence of the Constitution to prohibit a president from making such an appointment at any time during his term as president, as his election reflects the will of the people, where such an appointment is consequently appropriate and warranted.

And the Senate withholding its consent is also a reflection of the will of the people, in fact more so. The Senate as it is currently composed was just assembled a year ago, so they are a more current reflection of the will of the people.

Harry Reid is one of the dirtiest, piece of shit politicians in recent memory. He has no say here. Republicans just need to hold firm until the election sighting Reid's own rules.
That's also assuming Democrats don't win the Senate and confirm Obama's nominee before the next president is sworn in, should a Republican win the presidency.

Harry Reid is one of the dirtiest, piece of shit politicians in recent memory. He has no say here. Republicans just need to hold firm until the election sighting Reid's own rules.
That's also assuming Democrats don't win the Senate and confirm Obama's nominee before the next president is sworn in, should a Republican win the presidency.
Stalling tactics can be performed.

Stalling tactics can be performed.
Oh? If that were to happen and Democrats pulled the nuclear option, how would Republicans stall?

Because of obama, Republicans won both houses back. It is their duty to block any justice nominated by Obama for the will of the people.
The will of the people is the court continues to function, with nine...
Not if Obama nominates a liberal nominee. People voted in conservatives to stop Obama's agenda.

People who take Reid seriously also think Hillary has a chance of being president. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Forum List

Back