Sen. Rand Paul Opposes and Will Filibuster Bill Authorizing Internet Censorship

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Sen. Rand Paul Opposes and Will Filibuster PIPA Legislation

“Both PIPA and SOPA give the federal government unprecedented and unconstitutional power to censor the Internet. These bills enable the government to shut down websites that it deems guilty of violating copyright laws. While we support copyright protections, we are also concerned about websites being shut down without their day in court, and making innocent third parties bear the costs of solving someone else's problems."

Obama also planned to veto the current bill, which is why it has been put on hold. ;)

Obama also planned to veto the current bill, which is why it has been put on hold. ;)

Before today, Obama has been disappointingly silent on the twin censorship bills

Obama comes out against current SOPA and PIPA legislation, but stops short of killing it

The current bill was way too much, but a very light version is needed. I am sorry, if I spent millions of dollars making a movie I would probably want to try and stop sites from showing my movie for free if I had not sold the rights. To me, it is like stealing.
I do not think if someone links a youtube video they should be shut down......But if the whole point of your website is to link bootlegged material, then yes their is a problem in that.

Before today, Obama has been disappointingly silent on the twin censorship bills

Obama comes out against current SOPA and PIPA legislation, but stops short of killing it

The current bill was way too much, but a very light version is needed. I am sorry, if I spent millions of dollars making a movie I would probably want to try and stop sites from showing my movie for free if I had not sold the rights. To me, it is like stealing.
I do not think if someone links a youtube video they should be shut down......But if the whole point of your website is to link bootlegged material, then yes their is a problem in that.

Hollywood obviously didn't contribute enough yet.

Unfortunately, the federal government is corrupt to the core.

In the 1860's Ape Lincoln authorized paper money , when challenged SCOTUS ruled that paper money was legal so long at it was REDEEMABLE . Today's "dollars" are no longer redeemable.

Around 1914 Congress Congress adopted the Harrison Act in order to impose a tax on Heroin. A scumbag federal "judge"ruled that Congress intended to control and ban narcotics ;

In the 30's SCOTUS ruled that social security made good "actuarial" sense and that there would be an account created for each of the participants. Today we know that social security is bankrupt and there are no accounts set aside for anyone.

Who exactly supports it? There are so many people on both sides opposed to this that it's unclear who is supporting it.

Who exactly supports it? There are so many people on both sides opposed to this that it's unclear who is supporting it.

soros1.jpg

What? Is Rand trying to pretend that he is a liberal?

Regarding the question about who is for the bill..........just wait a few days. Obama has stated opposition......which means that nutters will come up with a reason to support it.

Or.....you could just look up who introduced it.

We should not give an inch, because once we do it will open the flood gates and destroy the one last outlet of free speech and free information.

Theft is a crime and there are already laws in dealing with it, this is a power grab by bought off politicians to close competition against their buddies.

Obama is a liar. Why do you believe anything he says?

Some Congressmen withdrew their support of the bills when the blackout the other day proved effective.

We should not give an inch, because once we do it will open the flood gates and destroy the one last outlet of free speech and free information.

Theft is a crime and there are already laws in dealing with it, this is a power grab by bought off politicians to close competition against their buddies.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This bill yes, but it is stealing and whatever is in place obviously does nothing to stop it.
They obviously went to the extreme to get what they really want, but certain websites are stealing a product and they should face some sort of punishment. If I stole a movie from a store I could face jail time, and for sure have to pay a fine. What is the difference?

If I go to your house and steal your television that's theft.
If I go on the internet and steal your song, poem, book etc that's freedom?
It isn't about internet censorship. It is about protecting intellectual property.

Forum List

Back