Sen McConnell invokes Casey Anthony trial when asked about trying Terrorists in court

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Modbert, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Sen. McConnell: We Can’t Trust Courts To Try Terrorists Because Casey Anthony Got Off | ThinkProgress

McConnell is a moron, but this is nothing new.

2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    The article in the OP makes no sense, but it is a Think Progress story, so the editors probably thought no one would notice. It isn't like the people that read that crap are intelligent or well educated.

Is the reporter trying to argue that federal cases are fixed? That we do to worry about juries doing stupid things like they did in the Casey Anthony trial because federal juries only do what they are told?

I am willing to bet I can go go through the records in Florida and find hundreds of murder convictions after sensational trials, would that somehow prove that the Casey Anthony verdict is impossible? I don't think so, so pointing out past trials that ended in guilty verdicts only proves that Ali knows less about the law than he does about critical thinking, which makes him remarkably ignorant about the law.

By the way, what makes you think McConnell is a moron? Does he read Think Progress?

3. cielo42

cielo42 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    disgusting...

4. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,385
    The story is about McConnell's mental illness, not Ali's.