Sen. Landrieu Is Not Ok...

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Well the punch threat is just one example of her instability:

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/prin...newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/17/94602.shtml

Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005 9:44 a.m. EDT

Sen. Mary Landrieu: I'll Still Punch Bush

Sen. Mary Landrieu refused on Friday to withdraw or apologize for her threat to punch President Bush if he criticized Louisiana officials - despite Bush's magnanimous speech Thursday night and a federal downpayment of more than $60 billion dollars to rebuild her state.

"I do not take it back, I don't apologize for it. I said I would punch anybody, including the president," she told the Chicago Tribune.

"Though threatening the president is a crime," the Tribune noted - "the Secret Service took it as a joke and the White House brushed off her remarks."

Standing in the Capitol, however, Landrieu made it clear she wasn't joking.

"These local officials were heroes," she contended, before saying she meant every word of her threat.

Appearing on ABC's "This Week" four days after Katrina's floodwaters swamped New Orleans, Landrieu complained: "If one person criticizes [Louisiana], or says one more thing, including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally."

After saying she stood by her ugly comments, the Louisiana Democrat also offered praise for the president on Friday, saying the Katrina reconstruction plan he outlined in his speech was "innovative and bold."

I wonder how she would react if she was arrested for threatening the President.

Or if she were a republican, wouldn't the media be calling for her to resign? Or if she was a man threatening a woman wouldn't the N.O.W. shrews be out in full force.

ProudDem said:
What the hell is the matter with this woman?

It is clearly an attempt to deflect blame away from the local government who are members of her party. This is a case of Party Politics, plain and simple. She doesn't want any blame to stick to Democrat officials as they might lose their seats in the next election. She is looking to victimize the local officials so that they can take advantage of the poor me vote and she can look like a hero for threatening to punch anybody that says what she doesn't like to hear.

Definitely not the Statesman that we need in office in order to get this going in the right direction.

no1tovote4 said:
It is clearly an attempt to deflect blame away from the local government who are members of her party. This is a case of Party Politics, plain and simple. She doesn't want any blame to stick to Democrat officials as they might lose their seats in the next election. She is looking to victimize the local officials so that they can take advantage of the poor me vote and she can look like a hero for threatening to punch anybody that says what she doesn't like to hear.

Definitely not the Statesman that we need in office in order to get this going in the right direction.

YUP!!!!

I wonder how she would react if she was arrested for threatening the President.

Can you imagine the field day the MSM woudl have with THAT? I'd LOVE to see Bush call her out in public. She'd either have to carry out her threat or back down.

If she hits him, she gets her ass beat by a half-dozen Secret Service agents and arrested. If she doesn't, she loses MUCHO face.

Win-win deal.

GunnyL said:
Can you imagine the field day the MSM woudl have with THAT? I'd LOVE to see Bush call her out in public. She'd either have to carry out her threat or back down.

If she hits him, she gets her ass beat by a half-dozen Secret Service agents and arrested. If she doesn't, she loses MUCHO face.

Win-win deal.

Is it just me or does she look like every female teacher who has had sex with her students? :ssex:

dilloduck said:
Is it just me or does she look like every female teacher who has had sex with her students? :ssex:

Tweek that to say gym teacher who watched the girls shower a little too much...... :eek:

Forum List

Back