Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

Hey, lay off the guy...Kyl's remarks were not intended to be a factual statement...90%, 3%...it's only 87% off...why all the fuss?

This afternoon, CNN brought on Planned Parenthood's Judy Tabar to discuss his comment. During the interview, CNN anchor Don Lemon relayed a statement from Kyl's office walking back the comment, claiming the statement was not meant to be "factual":

LEMON: We did call his office trying to ask what he was talking about there. And I just want to give it you verbatim here. It says, 'his remark was not intended to be a factual statement, but rather to illustrate that Planned Parenthood, a organization that receives millions of dollars in taxpayer funding, does subsidize abortions.'

This is worth posting again. So I am!

In a related story.....

THE PIMPIN" NEWS!!! BITCHES!!! said:
A national survey of Pimps revealed that less than 3% of their activities involve actual pandering. The rest of their time is spend beating recalcitrant whores, pushing "free samples" of smack to young "ladies", shopping for fur coats, driving Coupe Deville's, and living the "big pimpin" lifestyle.
willie-dynamite.jpg
HuggyBearObama.JPG

This says more about you than it does about pimps.

The CDC and Guttmacher's have all sorts of disclaimers that state they don't really know the numbers.

But I'm sure slobbert has an inside, reliable source.

Lol..yeah, right.

We have the inside reliable source of Kyl admitting his statement wasn't factual.

What more do you need?

Yes, I just saw the head of Planned Parenthood give those figures you cite. Approximately 3% goes to abortion and that is privately funded.
Kyl is a liar.

Let me explain to you how our tax money supports abortions.

I am going to go against the laws of common sense here and assume the 3% figure is correct, and then point out that that figure is actually meaningless to the discussion. The other stuff that PP claims to do, STD screenings and health checks, take up a small part of their budget. Abortions entail actual doctors getting paid to be for an operation, medication, a nurse to attend, multiple office visits, and disposal of bio hazardous waste. All this quickly adds up, eating up a significant portion of the budget.

Another thread says that PP gets about 1/3 of its funding from tax the federal government. Let us assume that they have $770 in funds, and get an additional $330 from the government. An abortion runs between $350 and $550. (How Much Does an Abortion Cost - Average Cost of an Abortion and How Much Money Does an Abortion Cost) That would mean that a clinic could do 1 or 2 abortions with that $770, and have a bit left over to cover their other services. With the $330 from our taxes they can do 2 or 3 abortions and have the same amount left over. That is indirect support of abortions, and I object to that because it actually breaks current law.

Planned Parenthood preformed 332,278 abortions in 2009. That means someone spent between $116 million and 183 million on abortions. As their entire budget for that year was $1.1 billion. In case your math is rusty that means that PP spent at least 17% of its budget on abortions in 2009.

Life Decisions International - Basic Facts About Planned Parenthood

I bet you think the Heritage Foundation tells the truth about the economy. We all know right wing sites are full of lies and bullshit. They can't tell the truth about anything. They don't use facts and they "make up" statistics. The surprise would be if they didn't.

The statistics about the number of abortions preformed come from PP itself, and I never mentioned the Heritage Foundation. Do you have something to refute the numbers I posted? Or are you just confused because I used math to prove that Planned Parenthood lies about abortions?

Hey, check this out:

About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children. (that means they just can't take care of another child and they know it)

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).
• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100-199% of the federal poverty level.

And Republicans want to cut any support for these women. I suspect they see children as "punishment". What else could explain their cold heartedness?

Hey, check this out.

• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]
• Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]
• Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]
• About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[1,9]

If we are to take these statistics at face value I have to assume a contraceptive failure rate about 10 times higher than any other study has ever indicated. Occam's Razor tells me it is more likely that the women who report proper use of contraceptives are actually lying. That means that, despite multiple claims to the contrary, abortion is being used as birth control.

Please note that, even under circumstances where lying is accepted, only 1% of women claim to get pregnant from non consensual sex.

Do you want to post more facts about abortion to show that your side is lying their ass off?

Forum List

Back