Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAryQP_Iz9A]YouTube - Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion[/ame]

In reality, Abortion services are about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does according to 2009 figures.

What Planned Parenthood actually does - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

As you can see in the chart atop this post, abortion services account for about 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities. That’s less than cancer screening and prevention (16 percent), STD testing for both men and women (35 percent), and contraception (also 35 percent). About 80 percent of Planned Parenthood’s users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line. Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

YouTube - Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

In reality, Abortion services are about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does according to 2009 figures.

As you can see in the chart atop this post, abortion services account for about 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities. That’s less than cancer screening and prevention (16 percent), STD testing for both men and women (35 percent), and contraception (also 35 percent). About 80 percent of Planned Parenthood’s users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line. Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.
Yes, I just saw the head of Planned Parenthood give those figures you cite. Approximately 3% goes to abortion and that is privately funded.
Kyl is a liar.

YouTube - Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

you're right, so 21 Million ought to cover that 3%...nice find bro. ;)

Yes, I just saw the head of Planned Parenthood give those figures you cite. Approximately 3% goes to abortion and that is privately funded.
Kyl is a liar.

i know that doesn't surprise you.

Kyl is a liar.

I guess it never occurred to you that the bitch from PP is a liar did it? Ever heard of cooking the books?

They only averaged 910 abortions a day in 2009? They need to get the lead out of their ass and kick it up a notch.

Last edited:
I guess it never occurred to you that the bitch from PP is a liar did it? Ever heard of cooking the books?

Evidence they are cooking the books? After all, that is quite a serious accusation you are making. I assume you would have proof.

Evidence they are cooking the books? After all, that is quite a serious accusation you are making, I assume you would have proof. :eusa_whistle:

No more serious than you accusing a US Senator of lying so cry me a fucking river whydonchya?

Evidence they are cooking the books? After all, that is quite a serious accusation you are making, I assume you would have proof. :eusa_whistle:

No more serious than you accusing a US Senator of lying so cry me a fucking river whydonchya?

Isn't accusing a US Senator of lying like accusing the Sun of rising?

What? There is video proof of him saying that 90% of what PP does is Abortion. I have shown proof that is not true. The burden of proof is on you to show they cooked the books. Okay? Go.

What? There is video proof of him saying that 90% of what PP does is Abortion. I have shown proof that is not true. The burden of proof is on you to show they cooked the books. Okay? Go.

Nope, it's not. Me? I'm going to believe the US Senator.. I do remember those undercover videos.. yes I do.. Planned Parenhood is nothing we the taxpayer should have to fund. I'm with Kyl.

Here's the deal.. If planned parenhood does in fact do only 3% of it's businnes in abortions then remover 97% of gov. funding and send the pap smear ladies to the country health department then the taxpayer can believe that taxpayer funds don't provide abortions until then calling a US Senator a liar won't get ya nowhere.

Nope, it's not. Me? I'm going to believe the US Senator.. I do remember those undercover videos.. yes I do.. Planned Parenhood is nothing we the taxpayer should have to fund. I'm with Kyl.

Which undercover videos? And where is the evidence that 90% of what PP does is Abortion? Still have not shown that. Still waiting for that evidence.

Which undercover videos? And where is the evidence that 90% of what PP does is Abortion? Still have not shown that.

No the ones that showed PP involved in underage sex trafficking. remember those? for that reason alone they should be de funded.

No the ones that showed PP involved in underage sex trafficking. remember those? for that reason alone they should be de funded.

What? Nothing of the sort happened.

Is It An Underage Sex Slave Ring, Or A Hoax? Either Way, Planned Parenthood Calls The FBI | TPMMuckraker

In the course of five days this month, eight Planned Parenthood clinics in five states and D.C. reported getting the same visit: A man said he needed treatment for a sexually transmitted disease and then, once alone with a staff member, implied that he ran an interstate sex trafficking ring that involves minors and illegal immigrants.

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America thinks that the visits, which happened between Jan. 11 and 15, are part of a James O'Keefe-style "sting." But the group called in the FBI anyway.

"These multi-state visits from men claiming to be engaged in sex trafficking of minors may be a hoax," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, wrote in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder last week. "However, if the representations made by this man are true," she wrote, they indicate violations of several sex trafficking, prostitution and child sex laws.

And of course, it turns out it was something like a James O'Keefe-style "sting". Of course, the video that was released by Lila Rose's Live Action was heavily edited and it involved one staffer.

Does that mean you want the entire U.S military defunded when one member commits a crime? :eusa_think:

Also, still have not shown any evidence that 90% of what PP does is Abortions.

Also, still have not shown any evidence that 90% of what PP does is Abortions.

I believe Senator Kyle is not a liar. It's just that simple. And again, you ignore the fact that we have a health care plan for all Americans now, we don't need to subsidize PP any longer. they are involved in sex trafficking of juvinille women.. they suck the hind tit.

Forum List

Back