Sen. John McCain, who is fighting brain cancer, discontinues medical treatment, family says

McCain was OK through much of his life but his career didn't end that way. I won't be sorry to see him go WHATSOEVER and his demise can only be a good thing for the GOP.
Dis guy is klassy, yeah...with a K.

This might not be the right time to ask, but did he ever resign from the Senate? Will he be replaced in November or is he not up for another 2 years?
Nope he didn't and he won reelection in 2016 so whoever gets appointed to his seat will serve I THINK until 2022 unless there is a special election to fill the seat.

'The family of longtime Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, said Friday that he has chosen to discontinue medical treatment for brain cancer.

"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John's many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all," the family said in a statement.'

Sen. John McCain, who is fighting brain cancer, discontinues medical treatment, family says

In other words - he will be dead soon.

Very sad.

I realize he has led a long and amazing life already. But I always wish people would die of 'natural causes' rather then due to an illness/condition.

May his last days be as pleasant as can be hoped.

You are a massive idiot! Dying of cancer IS a natural cause! Dying because you were hit by a bus is not. It amazes me how truly stupid you are! Please stop posting on this forum if your IQ is not above 70.

McCain was OK through much of his life but his career didn't end that way. I won't be sorry to see him go WHATSOEVER and his demise can only be a good thing for the GOP.
Dis guy is klassy, yeah...with a K.

You're only willing to give McCain respect because in the end, he was one of your guys. He spit in this nation's face, he went out of his way to hurt his own party's presidency and was practically the sole voice in tripping up all efforts to fix Obamacare last year.

No wonder you love the guy.

My best friend died of what he has, I know all about it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the brain feels no pain and in the end, I will remember him for the scurrilous actions of his last few years in office as a conservative RINO obstructionist who only aided our enemies at every chance he had.

Much as he did in the war.

McCain was a bum, a long wondered mystery of why Arizonans kept reelecting him to office. He was a Bob Dole-Lite wannabe, except that he didn't have anywhere near Dole's integrity. He is one of the reasons for the GOP's weakness, much like McConnell, a spineless, toothless, double-talking apologist back-stabber. He's the reason why that unknown, do-nothing senator Obama got into office. And though I can't be glad to see him go this way, don't ask me to shed a tear for him either.

Already saw this pic elsewhere ........

gravepee_3ae17033b78b5abf88a5eb6c1b3608227bd78e7a.jpg

'The family of longtime Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, said Friday that he has chosen to discontinue medical treatment for brain cancer.

"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John's many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all," the family said in a statement.'

In other words - he will be dead soon.

Very sad.

I realize he has led a long and amazing life already. But I always wish people would die of 'natural causes' rather then due to an illness/condition.

May his last days be as pleasant as can be hoped.

I wish his family all the luck and solace possible under such circumstances. As for Senator McCain, I hope his mind finally managed to also be freed from the North Vietnamese prison camps.

John McCain halts brain cancer treatment

Good. Sooner we can get another REAL republican in there the better! Hopefully McSally loses to Ward for the Flake senate seat but if not hopefully Ward will run for McAmnesty's seat.

Democrats will weep openly.

It such a McShame.

Soon he can take rightful place alongside Benedict Arnold...

You're only willing to give McCain respect because in the end, he was one of your guys. He spit in this nation's face, he went out of his way to hurt his own party's presidency and was practically the sole voice in tripping up all efforts to fix Obamacare last year.

My best friend died of what he has, I know all about it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the brain feels no pain and in the end, I will remember him for the scurrilous actions of his last few years in office as a conservative RINO obstructionist who only aided our enemies at every chance he had.

McCain was a bum, a long wondered mystery of why Arizonans kept reelecting him to office. He was a Bob Dole-Lite wannabe, except that he didn't have anywhere near Dole's integrity. He is one of the reasons for the GOP's weakness, much like McConnell, a spineless, toothless, double-talking apologist back-stabber. He's the reason why that unknown, do-nothing senator Obama got into office. And though I can't be glad to see him go this way, don't ask me to shed a tear for him either.

How are you divining this? What words indicate any of what you're suggesting in the bolded?

It must really be nice to be a Republican, to live in such a blissful ignorant state void of facts, void of history, void of context, void of responsibility, but full of good partisan feelings.

Live for today, and now for now.

Yipeeeee!!!!

l2-ignorance-bliss-investing.jpg

John McCain halts brain cancer treatment

Good. Sooner we can get another REAL republican in there the better! Hopefully McSally loses to Ward for the Flake senate seat but if not hopefully Ward will run for McAmnesty's seat.

Democrats will weep openly.

It such a McShame.

Soon he can take rightful place alongside Benedict Arnold...

How are you divining this? What words indicate any of what you're suggesting in the bolded?]

I get tired of you stupid, ignorant Leftist jackasses who would deny the Sun 15 minutes after it sets:

McCain said Obama thanked him for his vote against repealing Obamacare: ‘I appreciated his call’

McCain’s Vote Provides Dramatic Moment in 7-Year Battle Over Obamacare

McCain Opposes Haspel, Yet Voted To Confirm Obama's CIA Nominee

McCain and the POW Cover-Up

Senate Rejects Slimmed-Down Obamacare Repeal as McCain Votes No

Opinion | John McCain Battles Donald Trump With His Dying Breaths

McCain in tough spot with Trump

Analysis | John McCain is poking Trump where it hurts this week

Yeah, McCain is one of "my guys?" Screw him. Everyone dies sooner or later. I just lost another best friend a week ago to lung cancer. He can blow me.

McCain was an honest and true American, not the type the alt right and the Trump base could ever elevate themselves to be.

Cindy McCain will replace John, and she hates the Orange Bellow, the Trump base, and the Alt Right even more than does John.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back