Sen. Heitkamp (D) - Proposed Gun Control Measures Too Extreme

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The gun control crowd has been mainly concerned with Republican opposition to clamping down on our Constitutional right to bear arms, but I don't think many of them have considered the resistance they will also face from some in the Democratic Party.

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D, told me this morning on “This Week” that while all options should be on the table to address gun violence, President Obama’s reported plans to curb shootings are ”way in extreme” when I pressed her this morning on the kinds on measures she could potentially support.

“I think you need to put everything on the table, but what I hear from the administration – and if the Washington Post is to be believed – that’s way, way in extreme of what I think is necessary or even should be talked about. And it’s not going to pass,” said Heitkamp, a member of the National Rifle Association.

Heitkamp, who has an “A” rating from the NRA and was elected in a state that Gov. Mitt Romney won by nearly 20 points, stressed the importance of addressing mental health as part of the effort to curb violent shootings.

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp: Reported Obama Gun Proposals ‘Way in Extreme’ - ABC News

Forum List

Back