Sen. Franken making a good speech on senate floor

JFK_USA

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
I don't watch CSPAN very often but this speech is very good in my opinion. Talking about the half truths of the republicans and the stimulus. He did mention the 2.4 millon net jobs lost, but also provided statistics into why the tax cuts in the stimulus were good.

He mentions that for every dollar in the tax cut for the lower bracket, they added $1.70 per dollar to the GDP while for the highest bracket, only .50 on every dollar was added to the GDP. It makes sense because lower tax brrackets spend money which improves balance sheets of companies, which makes the rich invest in companies and it doesn't make a difference to the rich the three percent increase in taxes. They will save and invest their money regardless because thats how you make money. I wish it was quicker too, but to let companies fail, and have another great depression isn't great for this economy but I just don't understand why people would want to destroy America. Why? I guess your job is safe but America isn't about inviduals, its about the people. I feel Republicans have lost touch with what America is all about, its about the welfare of all our countrymen. Not the Makers but the "Takers" too because they make the money for the Makers by doing their jobs.

Forum List

Back