Sen. Feinstein no longer has concealed weapon permit

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Daniel Strauss
12/20/12

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) no longer has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Feinstein, who has taken the lead on efforts to renew a federal assault weapons ban, acknowledged during a hearing in 1995 of previously having a concealed weapon permit.

At the time, she said she needed it for security, but she has since dropped the permit.

"The senator does not have a concealed weapon permit," Feinstein spokesman Tom Mentzer said in an email to The Hill on Thursday.

In 1995 a hearing on terrorism after the Oklahoma City bombing, Feinstein recounted how, in the 1970s, she was the target of the New World Liberation Front which first attempted to blow up her home. After the bomb failed to detonate, Feinstein explained, she decided to arm herself.

"Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home and I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms," Feinstein said in the 1995 hearing.

"When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon," she said. "I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me. Now having said all of that, that was a period of time ago and I’ve watched through these 20 years as terrorism has increased both on the far extremist left and the far extremist right in this country."

Feinstein got rid of the permit once the New World Liberation Front was no longer a threat to her.

Read more at:
Sen. Feinstein no longer has concealed weapon permit - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Now Ms. Feinstein has armed knuckle draggers to follow her around. As a multi-millionaire that made all that money using insider information as a Senator, she can afford the muscle.

Granny don't wanna sell her Mossburg 12ga. an' dey better not try to confiscate it...
:eusa_shifty:
Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns
December 21, 2012 | Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.
“We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.” Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback. “Confiscation could be an option,” Cuomo told The New York Times yesterday when discussing semiautomatic weapons. “Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Australia implemented a mandatory buyback program in 1996 following a mass shooting. “The law banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns and put in place a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons,” USA Today recalls. “The buyback led to the destruction of 650,000 gun.”

Some liberal activists want the policy imitated here. “That would be like destroying 50 million guns in America today,” the Center for American Progress’ Matt Miller wrote after noting that Australia eliminated 20 percent of the weapons in the country. “The Australian ‘outlaw and repurchase’ option is one approach. But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500.”

Feinstein also said that that former President Bill Clinton had volunteered, on a phone call, to help her get a new gun law passed. “[Clinton] was talking about the battle back in 1993 with the bill that, interestingly enough, was introduced and passed within the year fo 1993 and went into effect in 1994,” she said. “And, of course, he was president and the White House came alive and was very very helpful in enabling the passage of that bill both in the senate and in the House. So, to have him part of the team again is really quote special for us.”

Source

so what does she have instead......a private guard who packs.....?

She's a powerful senator with a high security clearance.

She's more powerful than you'll ever be.... this life or the next.

She pays more in taxes than you'll make in a decade.

She eats people like you with her coffee. (you don't even make the lunch menu)

^^Leftist Zombie worshipper

By Daniel Strauss
12/20/12

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) no longer has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Feinstein, who has taken the lead on efforts to renew a federal assault weapons ban, acknowledged during a hearing in 1995 of previously having a concealed weapon permit.

At the time, she said she needed it for security, but she has since dropped the permit.

"The senator does not have a concealed weapon permit," Feinstein spokesman Tom Mentzer said in an email to The Hill on Thursday.

In 1995 a hearing on terrorism after the Oklahoma City bombing, Feinstein recounted how, in the 1970s, she was the target of the New World Liberation Front which first attempted to blow up her home. After the bomb failed to detonate, Feinstein explained, she decided to arm herself.

"Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home and I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms," Feinstein said in the 1995 hearing.

"When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon," she said. "I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me. Now having said all of that, that was a period of time ago and I’ve watched through these 20 years as terrorism has increased both on the far extremist left and the far extremist right in this country."

Feinstein got rid of the permit once the New World Liberation Front was no longer a threat to her.

Read more at:
Sen. Feinstein no longer has concealed weapon permit - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Now Ms. Feinstein has armed knuckle draggers to follow her around. As a multi-millionaire that made all that money using insider information as a Senator, she can afford the muscle.

No one said she was smart. :cool:

LOL God what a ass kisser,you know her shits stinks just like everyone else,it take a real simpleton put politicians on such a pedestal

You are the problem,certainly not part the solution.

Moron. Zero elected federal officials have a "security clearance". Zero.

Forum List

Back