Sen DeMint (R-SC) to quit in January

I have always been of the opinion that change has to happen from the outside and from the bottom up. The only way to change Washington is at the grass roots. You can't change it from inside the beltway. Perhaps he believes he'll be more effective this way.

Good news! He can't do any harm there.

Now we just need to get SC's other Senator - John McCain's girlfriend Lindsey - out of there.

I wonder who Nicki "Boom Boom" Haley will appoint as interim?

I have always been of the opinion that change has to happen from the outside and from the bottom up. The only way to change Washington is at the grass roots. You can't change it from inside the beltway. Perhaps he believes he'll be more effective this way.
Yes - a heavily funded by rich Republicans think tank is "grass roots". :lol:

DeMint is a guy that actually believes the Constitution means what is says. He also thinks we should live within our means and not burden future generations with our largess.

Crazy, I know.

[African American Representative Tim Scott to be the likely replacement. The NYT and the WaPo are probably already well along in the sharpening of their literary bayonets, swords, K-Bars and loading the magazines of their AK-47's in preparation for his nomination. A Black man and a Republican too! Sacre Bleu! That just can't be! Heaven forbid!
What's not to like about a state where gasoline is still $3.04 a gallon?]

"[A] South Carolina Republican source, who asked that his or her named not be used, told CBS News that South Carolina Rep. “Tim Scott is the undisputed favorite – and probably preferred by Jim DeMint.”

“It would be historic for an Indian American governor from the Deep South to appoint an African American to the US Senate,” said the source. “I think it’s highly unlikely she would appoint a placeholder. There are too many critical votes coming in the next 24 months. Scott and DeMint are lock step on the issues.”"

Breaking: GOP Senator Jim DeMint Stepping Down To Run Heritage Foundation – Update: GOP Source Says Tim Scott “Undisputed Favorite” To Replace DeMint… | Weasel Zippers

Last edited:
[African American Representative Tim Scott to be the likely replacement. The NYT and the WaPo are probably already well along in the sharpening of their literary bayonets, swords, and K-Bars and loading the magazines of their AK-47's in preparation for his nomination. A Black man and a Republican too! Sacre Bleu! That just can't be! Heaven forbid!

"[A] South Carolina Republican source, who asked that his or her named not be used, told CBS News that South Carolina Rep. “Tim Scott is the undisputed favorite – and probably preferred by Jim DeMint.”

“It would be historic for an Indian American governor from the Deep South to appoint an African American to the US Senate,” said the source. “I think it’s highly unlikely she would appoint a placeholder. There are too many critical votes coming in the next 24 months. Scott and DeMint are lock step on the issues.”"

Breaking: GOP Senator Jim DeMint Stepping Down To Run Heritage Foundation – Update: GOP Source Says Tim Scott “Undisputed Favorite” To Replace DeMint… | Weasel Zippers

Countdown until some progressives call Tim Scott an uncle tom or a house ****** in 5...4...3...2....1....

Yes - a heavily funded by rich Republicans think tank is "grass roots". :lol:

as opposed to George Soros, the RICH liberal funding moveon.org and the Pew Institute..One a liberal blog. The other a liberal think tank.
Do you really think the 535 people in Congress and the guy in the White House actually RUN the country?

DeMint is a guy that actually believes the Constitution means what is says. He also thinks we should live within our means and not burden future generations with our largess.

Crazy, I know.

No, no rational review of his record indicates anything like your conclusion.

Crazy, I know.

Perhaps I'm misinformed. Please, point to examples of DeMint advocating unconstitutional government power and/or desiring to increase deficit spending.

Seriously, if I'm wrong about the man, I'd like to know.

Crazy, I know.

Perhaps I'm misinformed. Please, point to examples of DeMint advocating unconstitutional government power and/or desiring to increase deficit spending.

Seriously, if I'm wrong about the man, I'd like to know.

Sure, check it out for yourself. The man does let the USC get in the way of this rabid, foaming at the mouth social conservatism.

Jim DeMint on the Issues

typical tea party quitter

slideshow1427812palinmi.jpg

[African American Representative Tim Scott to be the likely replacement. The NYT and the WaPo are probably already well along in the sharpening of their literary bayonets, swords, and K-Bars and loading the magazines of their AK-47's in preparation for his nomination. A Black man and a Republican too! Sacre Bleu! That just can't be! Heaven forbid!

Countdown until some progressives call Tim Scott an uncle tom or a house ****** in 5...4...3...2....1....

I'll have to see his birth certificate first

Forum List

Back