Sen. Coburn: Pray for Death or Incapacitation of a Senator

Actually, I am praying that God save this country and it's citizens from looking like Haiti a 3rd world country living in tar paper shacks because of your Messiah's reckless and irresponsible spending habits. Maybe you should check out Haiti's healthcare system to see what their's is all about, that is, if you can find an open hospital or a doctor anywhere.:cuckoo:

CBO has rated the healthcare plan as SAVING money. It is the Republicans who want to use Hati as a model for healthcare. Only the wealthy can afford treatment, if you can't afford it, its your own fault

Hey! RightWinger, if 45 thousand Americans die each year from lack of access to health care how come the democrats are gonna make people wait four years to access health care? That's 180,000 dead people. How do democrats live with the fact that they have murdered 180,000 people?

So now you agree with us that everyone should have access to healthcare?

Glad you finally get it.

Why do people ignore the fact that people have access to healthcare right now.

Here are our standards, straight off the standards chart, straight out of policy:

MAA eligibility:

Family of 4, one adult:
Income standard, $595

That measn if you are single with three kids, and you can prove deprivation (absense of a parent counts) then you and your children can have plus medical.

OHP:

If you are a two parent family, with two kids, you can obtain OPC fo rthe kids if your income is under $1215, no deprivation necessary. $1615 for OP6, $2247 for OPP (pregnant women) or $3694 for CHP. For these cases, coverage is GUARANTEED for a year for the kids. Even if your income shoots to $5000 per month, those kids have coverage.

So why are we pretending this coverage isn't available and doesn't exist?

And PS..the OP is lying in the name of the thread. Nobody prayed for the death or incapacitation of anyone.

let's get one thing straight...........i have family from oklahoma. i have been all over this great country and parts of the world . now listen closely smart asses . oklahomans are some of the friendliest , hard-working , genuine people you will ever meet . period .
i do not hold people from mass. responsible for that idiot barney frank or people from minnesota responible for that dork al franken .

Yeah...........Oakies are such great people........

How's about the dude that bombed the Murrah building? Was he a friendly person?

How about the douchebag from Oklahoma that was planting pipe bombs in mailboxes back in 2003/2004?

What about the several women who have killed other women so that they could cut the babies out of them, as they were unable to have kids themselves.

Before you go telling me how "great" Okies are, might wanna also look at the fact that they regularly go swimming in their own gene pool.

I bet you go to family reunions to get dates, hunh?

Oklahomans are less nice than New Yorkers or DC residents?
Isn't that regional discrimination?

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says his GOP colleague, Tom Coburn, has some ‘xplaining to do about a comment the Oklahoma Republican made during today’s health care debate.

Earlier this afternoon, Coburn said he hoped one of his fellow senators didn’t show up for the pivotal 1 a.m. cloture vote tonight. It’s pretty clear that Coburn was talking about one of the 60 Democrats who will be needed to overcome a GOP filibuster on the Democratic health reform package.

“What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can’t make the vote tonight. That’s what they ought to pray,” Coburn said.

This brought a sharp response from Durbin, who three times challenged Coburn to come to the floor to explain what he meant. Durbin said he tried to contact Coburn via the Oklahoma Republicans office and the Senate GOP cloakroom but got no response.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to invoking prayer to wish misfortune on a colleague. And I want him to clarify that,” Durbin said. “He is my friend and I have worked with him. But this statement goes too far.”

Durbin to Coburn: Explain yourself - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

Dick Durbin is a fuckstain...

Who cares what he thinks...

I pray that the Democratics would stop being such panty wastes with these faux outrages...

God knows THAT won't happen....

I pray that the Democratics would stop being such panty wastes with these faux outrages...

Sometimes Democrats equal...
camelia_string-DL.jpg

Dear Gawd,
When he said for you to stop a Democrat, he didn't mean "blow up the world".

For the religious, LOGIC is just a bunch of BULLSHIT.

For them LOGIC is a "convenience thing". Whenever "LOGIC" supports their Dogma, it's honky-dory. Otherwise it's CRAP !

As I stated, Religious people are delusional.

Gaut.....there are many non-religious people who fit both of these statements.....Nancy pelosi is one i can name right now she is delusional and its her way or the highway.....her children,our fellow posters, Chris,Midcant,Zona,Rdean....same shit.....so its not just the religious....

Last edited:

Durbin was absolutely right. Pray for a Democrat not to make it to the vote? Pfffttt... Time to get over this, crybaby Republicans.

Republicans have been fighting to keep people from receiving healthcare for 60 years.

Ronald Reagan made an album in the 1960's in which he said that Medicare would lead to a Communist takeover of the United States.

What an idiot.

an idiot,calling someone else....an idiot....:disbelief:

Liberal prayer:
Dear God, I know in my heart that this healthcare bill is a joke and only adds to the politician's power over us. I am so blinded by partisan politics that I would rather a bad bill pass so my party can claim victory.

I have heard the question before but have never been able to give an honest answer; that the politicians are not really interested in our heath, but only in their power and ability to continue to hold office through the next election. That will show the other side. I realize it will be no victory for anyone other that politicians but do kind of like their cradle to grave, only govt can help mentality.

I have no will of my own and no desire to change that fact so I gladly let the govt do everything for me.

Ridiculous.

You are just pissed because you lost the election.

Jeff?....did you run for office?.....what election did you lose?....

I pray that the inbreeding finally shuts down the Republican Party.

It's getting close.

Great, well thought out comeback. I will fix the quote though:

"You are just pissed because all the american people lost in the election"

By the way, why don't you respond to my accusation of the politicians only caring about more power. Can you honestly disagree and believe they have our best interests at heart.
I have yet to get a response from that statement/question because even hard core libs on this board know the politicians only care about themselves and staying in power.

Making allness statements about politicians is ridiculous.

Still no honest answer. You must be a tap dancer. Just one question looking for 1 honest answer. Looks like you just don't have it in you or your partisan glasses are in the way. Fact is I know the answer and am pretty confident you do too as i can tell by your non answer. Its OK if you truly believe in your heart they want this legislation so you can be happy with "free" healthcare, that is fine just very misguided.

Chris is one of the greatest Dancers on this board Jeff.....he dances around any and all questions,that he cant answer....and if he does answer....you will get his favorite Mantra...."the rest of the world has a one payer system....yadda,yadda,yadda....

I think it is sick that any politician would pray that any other politician would not be able to perform his job.. To me it shows the lack of respect for the american people..

And leave it to a rebuttlican to show a lack of respect for the american people.. Not surprising.. Anything to bust a bill they don't like.. Anything to deny people healthcare.. Anything to prevent america from being a better place for it's people..

I pray that the american people grow a brain and vote any and all rebuttlicans out of office..

I know.. You conservatives aren't going to like that?? What is the difference??

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you..

Read your bible you morons!!

:(:(:(:(:(

Just like a religious conservative republican to say a prayer to prevent people from receiving healthcare.

Noose, you're making the typical OBAMARRHOIDAL statement.

Making a FALSE ASSUMPTION, then TWISTING it for your own OBAMARRHOIDAL purposes.

No sane person would want to deny healthcare to anyone.

The big issue is how to deliver it THE BEST WAY.

The Obamarrhoidal way is to deliver it by way of Govt Bureaucracy.....to wit, by a method that time, and time again produces $4000 hammers, etc.

Thus, the Govt Bureacracy way results in inefficient and costly results where one winds up with rationing, etc., i.e. in the final analysis with LESS care, and MORE expensive care.

NOW THAT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT AN OBAMARRHOID !!!!

Republicans have been fighting to keep people from receiving healthcare for 60 years.

Ronald Reagan made an album in the 1960's in which he said that Medicare would lead to a Communist takeover of the United States.

What an idiot.
Oh God, Cons hate being reminded of that.

Forum List

Back