Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

I called Coburn a racist because he said what I believe to be a racist statement.

You called Coburn a racist because you're a partisan hack.

You're a fucking moron. That's all you can say. You can't actually defend Coburn. All you do is attack anybody that disagrees with you. And you call me a thug. That's ironic. Sit down and shut up. Pussy.

That's a thug. Learn something, boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess if you really believe that Sen. Coburn was calling him a bright man because Sen. Coburn considers him a very bright man and not as a deflection from what was really being said,

Coburn was being a politician. When Harry Reid speaks of Mitch McConnell as his "esteemed colleague," it doesn't mean the old mobster holds McConnell in esteem - but it isn't "racist."

The point Coburn was attempting to make was that President Obama could not have gotten where he was (as Senator Coburn did) if he wasn't helped along the way.

Really?

I wonder why he didn't say that then?

You know, because his saying that Obama has a penchant for government programs because he personally benefited from them is FAR more logical, and it is what he said, but it's not as fun as making shit up, adopting faux outrage and calling him RACIST...

If you don't see that as being racist, I am completely shocked.

I think you're more "nuts" than anything.

And you think JosefK is the internet thug. :lol:

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is insane or what other names have you called me throughout this discussion?

Oh well, I'm sure we'll agree on something soon.

If and when you want to actually discuss the fact of whether or not what Senator Coburn said was racist please let me know.

Immie

I'm not a member of a protected class either, but I have empathy for those who are and who have been passed over for employment or promotion because of their sex, age, skin color or other factors which the applicant cannot change.

Then you should be demanding that the institutional racism of AA, which is the reason that people are passed over for employment and promotion due to skin color, be stopped.

I assume you will be doing so soon?

Been there, done that. One of my jobs was recruitment for a large urban law enforcement agency.

:eek:

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

Tom Coburn Blasts Congress Over Debt Ceiling Deal, Makes Controversial Remarks About Obama

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) blasted Congress for America's financial troubles and predicted that the debt ceiling agreement would unravel this fall, calling his congressional colleagues "career elitists" and "cowards" at an event in Langley, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

"It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor," Coburn said, according to the Tulsa World.

The remark comes just weeks after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Congress to vote in favor of raising the nation's debt ceiling, seven months after she was shot in the head by a gunman in Tucson, Ariz.

In response to a man who asked whether President Barack Obama "wants to destroy America," Coburn also managed to both defend and insult the president, calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him," Coburn said.

So ?

Next ...

Forum List

Back