Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Story Highlights

Clinton was booed by an audience of liberal bloggers in Chicago over weekend
She reacted by saying $400,000 in lobbyist money will not influence her
Former Sen. John Edwards used chance to stir support for himself
Edwards and Sen. Barack Obama have sworn not to take lobbyists' money

Over the weekend, Clinton was booed by an audience of liberal bloggers in Chicago when she defended taking money from Washington lobbyists, something both Sen. Barack Obama and former Sen. John Edwards have vowed not to do.

"I don't think, based on my 35 years fighting for what I believe in, anybody seriously believes I'm going to be influenced by a lobbyist or a particular interest group," Clinton said.

"A lot of these lobbyists, whether you like it or not, represent real Americans. They actually do. They represent nurses, they represent social workers -- yes, they represent corporations that employ a lot of people." :eusa_naughty:

Edwards' response was to ask, "How many people in this room have a Washington lobbyist working for you?"

"You are not represented by Washington lobbyists. We need to cut these people off," he said, to cheers.

However, while eschewing contributions from Washington lobbyists, Edwards has accepted about $10,000 in contributions from lobbyists in his home state of North Carolina, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/06/lobbyists.democrats/index.html

Even her fellow Liberal's dont like her! The realize she is crooked and greedy. She speaks for big business and anyone else who can afford her. This is definatly someone we don't want anywhere near the White House ever again!

Once again Edwards proves what kind of hipocrit he actually is.

Hillary slammed :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Why cares what some fat crater-faced 30-somethings who post on DailyKos all day from their parents' basements think?

I despise Billary, but the fact that she got booed at the YearlyKos makes my respect for her increase by a couple orders of magnitude.

Why cares what some fat crater-faced 30-somethings who post on DailyKos all day from their parents' basements think?

I despise Billary, but the fact that she got booed at the YearlyKos makes my respect for her increase by a couple orders of magnitude.

:cuckoo:

I was ok with it too.. lol...

The truth is, realistically, until there's campaign finance reform and all of them play on a level field, to win, you need big money.

Only people living in a fantasy world think you can win a presidential election without corporate green.

I'll take Giuliani over her (yes, I'd vote Republican this upcoming presidential election).

I can't imagine voting for anyone who thinks we should be in Iraq... and that includes Giuliani.

I'd also point out that before 9/11, Giuliani (whom I voted for twice for mayor, btw) was viewed as a megalomaniac who was not well liked in NY. (He only looked good when compared with the prior mayor). He also destroyed the retirement pensions of thousands of city employees.

On the other hand, I suppose when compared with the rest of the republican field, and the current admin, he seems like a saint who is head and shoulders smarter than the dude sitting in the white house today.

Forum List

Back