Sen. Brown Calls On Elisabeth Warren To Come Clean over claiming to be a minority

Good move by Brown.

Maybe this could have been flubbed off as "old news" or swept under the table given a fairly compliant media as a one or two day story. However, she went right out and told a provable bold faced lie and for that reason alone this story will have at least some legs.

That said, you were right in your OP. God knows how much of a difference this will make in the bluey-ist of blue States. If I recall correctly Brown was doing pretty well before this incident and it can only help him. Especially with the leaners that got him into office in the first place.
ObamaCare was the issue that got Scott Brown into office and it's still an issue in 2012.

Good and true point but the usual campaign fight must go on. The Supreme Court will have something to say about just how big an issue Obamacare is long before November.

Next month they'll release thier decision...Obamacare will the head of the list of decisions.

Did you miss she has as much Indian blood as the Indian nations leader?

Liar, where's the proof. Just because she says so doesn't make it so.

Don't bother. The D's by her name. You're dealing with people who defended and voted for the drunkard murderer Ted Kennedy for many years. So nice try, but don't waste anymore of your time on the Bots.

NO PROOF??????

her entire families spoken history includes the referance.

Now because record keeping was not what it is now doesnt mean shes lying.

I have indian blood too, My only proof is my families spoken history.

That does not make me NOT have Indian blood

Local Mass. Democrats will vote for whoever the Democrat is. Look how many years they voted for the drunkard murderer Ted Kennedy. If a D's by the name, they're in.

Such is the nature of partisan politics. Loyal Republicans do precisely the same thing. Independent thought not required. Too bad so many people are so intellectually lazy.

Don't bother. The D's by her name. You're dealing with people who defended and voted for the drunkard murderer Ted Kennedy for many years. So nice try, but don't waste anymore of your time on the Bots.

NO PROOF??????

"Spoken history" is not worth the paper it's written on.

Scott Brown calls on Warren camp to ‘come clean’ - BostonHerald.com

Despite claiming she never used her Native American heritage when applying for a job, Elizabeth Warren’s campaign admitted last night the Democrat listed her minority status in professional directories for years when she taught at the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania.

From 1986 to 1995, Warren’s name is included in the Association of American Law Schools’ annual directory of minority law teachers, according to records obtained by the Herald.

The campaign for GOP U.S. Sen. Scott Brown last night called for Warren to “come clean.”

“This story raises serious questions about Elizabeth Warren’s credibility. The record now shows Prof. Warren did claim to be a ‘minority,’ and that she attempted to mislead the public about these facts when she was first asked about the issue last week,” said Brown spokesman Jim Barnett. “Prof. Warren needs to come clean about her motivations for making these claims and explain the contradictions between her rhetoric and the record.”

I think this does have a bit of traction nationally. However, I do not think it will make a big difference here locally and local is what really matters.

What do you guys on the USMB think about it?

Warren really blew it. That's all that really needs said.

Chappaquiddick seemed not to discourage the mass from voting for a purebred coward.

Helps when you're a member of a famous rich family. You can pretty much get away with murder.

Despite claiming she never used her Native American heritage when applying for a job, Elizabeth Warren’s campaign admitted last night the Democrat listed her minority status in professional directories for years when she taught at the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania.

From 1986 to 1995, Warren’s name is included in the Association of American Law Schools’ annual directory of minority law teachers, according to records obtained by the Herald.

The campaign for GOP U.S. Sen. Scott Brown last night called for Warren to “come clean.”

“This story raises serious questions about Elizabeth Warren’s credibility. The record now shows Prof. Warren did claim to be a ‘minority,’ and that she attempted to mislead the public about these facts when she was first asked about the issue last week,” said Brown spokesman Jim Barnett. “Prof. Warren needs to come clean about her motivations for making these claims and explain the contradictions between her rhetoric and the record.”

I think this does have a bit of traction nationally. However, I do not think it will make a big difference here locally and local is what really matters.

Its a petty silly thing to do. My sister does it, but I dont think its a huge ass scandal. It speaks to her character, but that dont matter. Im not one of her constituents.

I think we have a winner against this bitch. Not that she lied. But that and I worked this against Churchill, Warren stole a true spot for a First Nations professor.

The really white assed libs don't get her sin at all.

Warren STOLE a spot at Harvard. Warren hurt the First Nations community with her lie.

Its a petty silly thing to do. My sister does it, but I dont think its a huge ass scandal. It speaks to her character, but that dont matter. Im not one of her constituents.

So it's cool with you that she bumped out a true Native American applicant by lying?

NO PROOF??????

I live in the real world TM just up the road from Roseau ok? I'm a sister. I would never claim to be anything else.

Status is for true. It is not spoken. It's a real deal ok? And record keeping was truth at the time and they did keep it.

"
Former law school spokesman Mike Chmura said in the 1996 article that out of 71 professors, only one was Native American and that was Warren.
This embarrassment comes courtesy of the curious American identity fetish. It wouldn’t exist at all if we hadn’t set up perverse incentives to make baseless (or at least undocumented) claims about heritage in order to gain financial advantages. This fetish started as a means to assist the truly underprivileged overcome economic disadvantages imposed by government discrimination, but became yet another means to exploit employment and educational placement systems for unfair advantage.
Can anyone objectively looking at Elizabeth Warren’s life make a case that a 1/32nd Native American background, even if it’s true, disadvantaged her in any way at all? Of course not; not even Warren can make that case, which is why Warren now says she used that identity claim for social purposes rather than economic advantage. Harvard’s actions speak louder than those words, however."

Democrats worried about Warren in Massachusetts « Hot Air

I think Brown should explain why his family is using Obamacare. You can opt out.

I think Brown should explain why his family is using Obamacare. You can opt out.

I don't presume to speak for Senator Brown, but if I can take advantage of a program that is there for anyone to use, I would take advantage of it. Any normal and rational being would.

In the same vein, why doesn't Warren Buffett pay the same rate if tax as his secretary? He could, couldn't he?

You can't opt out of Obamascare unless you are a union or a corporation that contributes to His Majesty!!

Besides when you are a Senator, you get better health care than you'll ever receive with Obamascare!!

You're trolling, again!! ROTFLMBO :lol:

And Elizabeth Warren is still a liar!!

Even the libs are laughing at her

Forum List

Back