Sen Ben Nelson, the corn husker whore, now says economy should have been #1 priority.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Wouldn't you know. The guy who sold his vote to have the other 49 states pick up the additional costs of Nebraskan"s medicaid costs has now changed his mind on what should be a priority. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Do you think he might be a little worried about going home to his constituents or did he hear loudly from them over the Christmas break. Anyone want to take a bet on if he signs on to the final bill or ditch it as his constituents want him to?? Hmmmmmmmmmmm will be interesting to see.

Ben Nelson: Economy Should Have Been Focus - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha

U.S. Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., said it was a mistake for lawmakers to focus their efforts on health care reform instead of trying to bolster the sagging U.S. economy last year.

The Nebraska Democrat told the Fremont Tribune on Tuesday that working on the economy would have been wiser.

In December, Nelson provided the 60th vote needed in the Senate to advance the Democratic-backed health care reform bill.

Good Golly, I wish he would have thought of that before he signed the train wreck that is about to happen to us all with this health care monstrosity coming from the smoke filled back rooms of the White House, that's top secret and NOT going to be broadcast on C-Span as Obama promised on 8 different occasions during his campaign.

Last edited:
I don't really understand this...he sold his vote to get the other 49 states to pick up the bill.

I'm not sure I fault him as much as I fault the other 99 senators for agreeing to this!

I think everybody should contact their Congressional representatives and demand that they get sweetheart deals like Ben Nelson got for Nebraska before they sign off on the final version of the Health Care Reform Bill. Let them know that unless they deliver the goods like he did they will vote against them in the next election.

I don't really understand this...he sold his vote to get the other 49 states to pick up the bill.

I'm not sure I fault him as much as I fault the other 99 senators for agreeing to this!

If that happened Obama would break yet another promise that this bill would be deficit neutral. It's a matter of having your cake and eating it too. The feds would have to pick up the cost, that's really the taxpayer, you and me, and that would add trillions to the already bloated budget.

Now Nelson is backing off, with his current statement, actually thinking that Nebraskans are dumb enough to forgive the whore that he's turned into. But, that's not going to happen.

I would not be a bit surprised to see a recall vote real soon going on in that state to recall him. The overwhelming majority of Nebraskans are down right pissed off about this whole deal.

Senator Bennet of Colorado is now whining about the Corn husker kick back and don't kid yourself he knew about this before he voted for the damn thing. He's my senator and I will guarantee you he is toast come this November.

I think everybody should contact their Congressional representatives and demand that they get sweetheart deals like Ben Nelson got for Nebraska before they sign off on the final version of the Health Care Reform Bill. Let them know that unless they deliver the goods like he did they will vote against them in the next election.

I have an even better solution-- EVERYONE in the nation, that includes Hawaii and Alaska needs to re-locate and move to Nebraska immediately. That way you will be ensured FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ALL. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have an even better solution-- EVERYONE in the nation, that includes Hawaii and Alaska needs to re-locate and move to Nebraska immediately. That way you will be ensured FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ALL. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You're right that is a better idea. Here. Have a little rep for being so clever.

Wouldn't you know. The guy who sold his vote to have the other 49 states pick up the additional costs of Nebraskan"s medicaid costs has now changed his mind on what should be a priority. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Do you think he might be a little worried about going home to his constituents or did he hear loudly from them over the Christmas break. Anyone want to take a bet on if he signs on to the final bill or ditch it as his constituents want him to?? Hmmmmmmmmmmm will be interesting to see.

U.S. Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., said it was a mistake for lawmakers to focus their efforts on health care reform instead of trying to bolster the sagging U.S. economy last year.

The Nebraska Democrat told the Fremont Tribune on Tuesday that working on the economy would have been wiser.

In December, Nelson provided the 60th vote needed in the Senate to advance the Democratic-backed health care reform bill.

Good Golly, I wish he would have thought of that before he signed the train wreck that is about to happen to us all with this health care monstrosity coming from the smoke filled back rooms of the White House, that's top secret and NOT going to be broadcast on C-Span as Obama promised on 8 different occasions during his campaign.

Nelson has probably had to hire a special security detail since he became the 60th vote on a bill MOST Americans want nothing to do with.

Including those without jobs (or insurance).

Americans are SMART. Americans know when their politicians are screwing them without benefit of KY....or a kiss or a smoke afterwards.

Politicians up for re-election ought to be VERY afraid of their constituents. VERY afraid--if they want to keep the job they sought to be elected to for life.

Americans also know how to VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT when they aren't doing their job.

As in NOW...and I think the mid-term elections will bear this out.

Incumbent Democrats AND Republicans ought to be VERY scared at their prospects coming up. Depending on how they've voted and on what they've voted on, they can expect a real beating at the ballot box.

Especially from Americans who can't find work, can't pay their mortgage or rent, can't feed their kids and they've just had it with the out of touch politicians who enjoy all the wonderous benefits elective office has to offer.

With any luck, as well as an organized "get out the vote" and these politicans will join the ranks of UNEMPLOYED Americans.

:eusa_naughty:

Last edited:

Oh Yeah. I hear that the Gov of Neb has already told Nelson to give it back. I wonder how he will vote on the final bill?? AFter all, nothing says he or Landreau will vote Yea on the final bill. They already got the pay off.

Forum List

Back