Selma

Just watching this on the BBC. Ive seen it before but I think it needs a few views to "get" it.

I found it quite depressing. We see the same hate filled attitudes today, police violence,voter suppression. Are things any better ?
You watched a show on BBC, you are now an expert on American culture. I saw part of Dawnton Abby once on PBS. Hooray, I am now a expert on English culture. Shallow way of talking in facts, isn't it? Selma is as far from most Americans as ...hmm, London to a Welshman.

Right, like his only connection with the US is a TV program on the BBC.

Oh, and he claimed to be an expert on the US, yeah, I saw him write that. Now where was that.....?

In 1965 during the civil rights march the democrat party had run the political machine in the U.S. South for about a hundred years. Democrat party racism was intrenched in the South. In the federal government the democrats had the presidency (LBJ) and the majority in both Congress and the Senate and yet they refused to enforce the voting rights. Thanks to Hollywood and the liberal media the perception of the democrat party has turned on a dime but they are still basically the same old racists.
That racism was there for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed
It's true that racism was entrenched in the Colonies long before the Confederacy and the democrat party came into existence but democrats manage to blame the rebel state that only existed for four years when the democrat party was formed on the basis of racism to be the counter Lincoln party. Democrats existed to be the party of racial identity and anger even today. That's the only way they get votes (with the cooperation of the liberal media)

In 1965 during the civil rights march the democrat party had run the political machine in the U.S. South for about a hundred years. Democrat party racism was intrenched in the South. In the federal government the democrats had the presidency (LBJ) and the majority in both Congress and the Senate and yet they refused to enforce the voting rights. Thanks to Hollywood and the liberal media the perception of the democrat party has turned on a dime but they are still basically the same old racists.
That racism was there for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed
It's true that racism was entrenched in the Colonies long before the Confederacy and the democrat party came into existence but democrats manage to blame the rebel state that only existed for four years when the democrat party was formed on the basis of racism to be the counter Lincoln party. Democrats existed to be the party of racial identity and anger even today. That's the only way they get votes (with the cooperation of the liberal media)
The Confederacy was formed to ensure the continuation of slavery. It was a human rights embarrassment. 40 percent of this “nation” was owned by the other 60 percent.

Yet it is TODAYS Republicans who fight to preserve the memory of this abomination

was i asking about congress or lewis?....the guy has been in congress 30 years,you cant find 1 bill he put out there?...

He is known as the conscience of Congress. His influence is unmatched. He has fought for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights.
He has opposed our participation in unnecessary wars
name a bill he has passed instead of just repeating yourself....after 30 years you should have something....

I claimed John Lewis is one of “our most respected congressmen”

I stand by my claim
i get it RW....you cant find anything outside of what he did last century.....its ok there are dozens of congress people who have spent years in congress and have havent done much either...here is a list of 35 of them....
These Are the 35 Most Useless Members of Congress
John Lewis is not one of them
never claimed he was.....but yet you cant come up with even one bill the guy passed....give me one major bill he has gotten through and i will not say anything more about the guy...

He is known as the conscience of Congress. His influence is unmatched. He has fought for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights.
He has opposed our participation in unnecessary wars
name a bill he has passed instead of just repeating yourself....after 30 years you should have something....

I stand by my claim
i get it RW....you cant find anything outside of what he did last century.....its ok there are dozens of congress people who have spent years in congress and have havent done much either...here is a list of 35 of them....
never claimed he was.....but yet you cant come up with even one bill the guy passed....give me one major bill he has gotten through and i will not say anything more about the guy...

We are talking about the House of Representatives?
The only bills they pass are repealing Obamacare and naming Post Offices (you remember those?)

I stand by my claim

The only bills they pass are repealing Obamacare and naming Post Offices (you remember those?)
why cant you just say.....i cant find any thing he has done.....maybe they named a PO after him.....

I stand by my claim

why cant you just say.....i cant find any thing he has done.....maybe they named a PO after him.....
There is more to being a Congressman than passing bills. Most don’t, especially theses days
Lewis is a ranking member on several key congressional panels
His opinion is also influential in passing laws

As I said, a well respected Congressman and an American Patriot

There is more to being a Congressman than passing bills. Most don’t, especially theses days

so he is elected to be paid 150,000+ of the tax payers money to be on panels?....with the rating that Congress has he and his buddies are doing a bang up job...
and yet you could not name one.....did you find a PO named after him?..

Just watching this on the BBC. Ive seen it before but I think it needs a few views to "get" it.

I found it quite depressing. We see the same hate filled attitudes today, police violence,voter suppression. Are things any better ?

Yes, things are better

so he is elected to be paid 150,000+ of the tax payers money to be on panels?....with the rating that Congress has he and his buddies are doing a bang up job...

That’s the way it works

That’s the way it works
and thats why they have such a shitty rating....people like yourself who feel its ok for them to get big money to sit around and eat lunch...

There is more to being a Congressman than passing bills.

What do you think it is a Congressman's job to do?

You could say that there's more to a forklift operator's job that moving stuff around with a forklift; but if someone is paid to be a forklift operator, and he doesn't move anything around with a forklift, then he's just cheating his employer.

There is more to being a Congressman than passing bills.

What do you think it is a Congressman's job to do?

You could say that there's more to a forklift operator's job that moving stuff around with a forklift; but if someone is paid to be a forklift operator, and he doesn't move anything around with a forklift, then he's just cheating his employer.
RW i guess, thinks their job is to sit around on a committee and have lunch....the ones who actually try and get some meaningful bills passed...those are the ones you vote against....

Selma was a critical moment of the Civil Rights era and John Lewis was a leader of the march

He risked his life to fight for freedom and justice

Selma was a critical moment of the Civil Rights era and John Lewis was a leader of the march

He risked his life to fight for freedom and justice
so that means he gets a 6 figure salary that we pay for so he can sit around with a bunch a other half-assed people and eat lunch?...

Forum List

Back