Selling Stimulus, Obama Tours Battleground States

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
WASHINGTON — A trend is emerging in President Obama’s out-of-the-gate travel itinerary: Top billing has been given to states that turned from red to blue last fall.

So far this year, Mr. Obama has visited Ohio, Virginia, Indiana, Florida and Colorado. He toured a factory that makes wind turbines, listened to the financial worries of voters at two town-meeting-style events and signed the economic stimulus bill before a cheering crowd.

Given these early destinations, is the president already eyeing re-election?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/us/politics/18web-zeleny.html

Why is Obama traveling the country selling the stimulus plan if it's already a done deal? Why is he traveling the country, throwing more co2 into the air :rolleyes: rather than doing some kind of weekly radio address or something? He wants to stay in touch with the little people, I get that but . . . . maybe his time could have been better spent these past few weeks reading that porky pig of a bill and making sure congress did the same.

You gotta admit, the man knows how to work the machine (bull that he doesn't have his eye on 2012).

As of Monday:

38% Say Stimulus Plan Will Help Economy

I would imagine the number of people who believe the Stimulus Plan will help the economy has dropped since then.

But why is he trying to sell it when it's already a done deal? Guess he's doing a little CYA with this stimulus campaigning.
Exactly...CYA. He's just letting everyone know that this is the worst economic crisis since time began.
You know.....not "hope and change"...but "doom and gloom."

WASHINGTON — A trend is emerging in President Obama’s out-of-the-gate travel itinerary: Top billing has been given to states that turned from red to blue last fall.

So far this year, Mr. Obama has visited Ohio, Virginia, Indiana, Florida and Colorado. He toured a factory that makes wind turbines, listened to the financial worries of voters at two town-meeting-style events and signed the economic stimulus bill before a cheering crowd.

Given these early destinations, is the president already eyeing re-election?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/us/politics/18web-zeleny.html

Why is Obama traveling the country selling the stimulus plan if it's already a done deal? Why is he traveling the country, throwing more co2 into the air :rolleyes: rather than doing some kind of weekly radio address or something? He wants to stay in touch with the little people, I get that but . . . . maybe his time could have been better spent these past few weeks reading that porky pig of a bill and making sure congress did the same.

You gotta admit, the man knows how to work the machine (bull that he doesn't have his eye on 2012).

Pretty smart guy... Already on his re-election tour.... Too bad he's not spending as much time trying to resolve the problems we have in the country... I guess the first step would be to actually read the bills he signs.... LOL

Forum List

Back