Selling Montana to Canada to pay off part of the debt...........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Wow....................saw this on the news today, and it seems that there are some idiots who think that selling Montana to Canada for 1 trillion dollars is a way to pay down the debt. The person who started the petition said that Montana was useless, as there was nothing up there but beavers.

I guess they missed the fact that the largest open pit mine is in Butte Montana. There is LOTS of gold, silver and copper mining done up there. There is also the fact that there are massive timber holdings, as well as lots of farmland and ranches up there.

And then, there is national defense. Montana has a major Air Force base up there in Great Falls, it's called Malmstrom AFB, and not only do they have the normal aircraft and stuff up there, but there are also lots of missile silos all over the eastern half of the state. If we sold Montana to Canada, we would have to remove all our missiles and all the stuff on the base, and move it somewhere else.

Finally, considering that Trump increased the debt by 2 trillion so far with his tax cut, selling Montana to Canada is simply a fart in a hurricane when it comes to the debt.

And yes conservatives, I linked to FOX news, so you won't holler "fake news".

Sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to ease US national debt, petition says

And, considering all the stuff up there in Montana (timber, minerals, cattle, farmland, military sites), do you think that 1 trillion is a fair price? I think it should be at least triple that.

Only Fox would report that story as if it were a serious effort. It was obviously done with a tongue firmly in cheek...

Wow...............now you are going to call fake news? How about these sources then?

Should The U.S. Sell Montana To Canada?

Online petition calls for US to sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion

Petition To Sell Montana To Canada For $1 Trillion Goes Viral

Petition calls for US to sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to reduce national debt

Montana has enough armed people that it could overthrow the entire country of Canada. 'Im just sayin'.

So sell Montana to Canada, Montana takes over Canada, and we get to be a bigger country. :biggrin:

Only Fox would report that story as if it were a serious effort. It was obviously done with a tongue firmly in cheek...

Wow...............now you are going to call fake news? How about these sources then?

Petition calls for US to sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to reduce national debt

I said nothing about the story being fake, I said the petition wasn't a serious effort to sell Montana. I said, basically, that it was someone having fun.

Besides, our national debt is $22,000,000,000,000.00+.

One trillion doesn't even start to make a dent...

I said nothing about the story being fake, I said the petition wasn't a serious effort to sell Montana. I said, basically, that it was someone having fun.

Considering all the stuff that is up there (I'm originally from Montana), selling it for a trillion would be a bargain for Canada.

And yeah, who was the idiot that came up with just 1 trillion? Trump has already added 2 trillion to the debt since he's been in office.

Considering all the stuff that is up there (I'm originally from Montana), selling it for a trillion would be a bargain for Canada.

And yeah, who was the idiot that came up with just 1 trillion? Trump has already added 2 trillion to the debt since he's been in office.

I love Montana, never lived there, but the beauty is undeniable. And Missoula is the home of my favorite beer and brewery...

I love Montana, never lived there, but the beauty is undeniable. And Missoula is the home of my favorite beer and brewery...

Lived 40 miles south of Missoula in the mid 70's in a town called Corvallis, and then lived for a couple of years in a town 20 miles north of it called Frenchtown. And, if you ever get up there, there are LOTS of things to do in that town. Not only do they brew good beer, but there are lots of little artisan cafes around. If you're into hang gliding, you can jump off of Mt. Missoula (the one with the big "M" on it), and if you know how to ride thermals, you can stay in the air for several hours.

And, take your pick of hot springs, Sleeping Child hot springs is at the bottom of the valley, around 50 miles away, or if you want, you can go to Lolo Hot Springs which is a bit closer.

And if you like fishing, you can't beat the Bitterroot river. There are steel head rainbow trout in there that can be up to 24 inches long. I know, because I've caught a couple. If you're into creek fishing, you can get some really nice cut throat trout.

Please stop the cuts to education in Ontario. Premier Ford doesn’t know how much it will affect students and teachers

Le Canada est l’endroit idéal pour les affaires. Les talents et l'accès sans précédent aux marchés mondiaux incitent de plus en plus d'entreprises à investir au Canada. Le résultat? Une économie plus forte et plus d'emplois de qualité pour les Canadiens de la classe moyenne.

Forum List

Back