Seller on ebay won't give me refund on shipping or pay for reasonable return shipping

Oct 5, 2019
I bought a watch on ebay but changed my mind after wearing it for a week and realizing watches are stupid. I sent a message to the seller stating the watch wasn't doing it for me and I wanted a return. At which point they said they would refund the full price of the item minus the shipping as soon as the item was returned. I told them I wanted the full price and shipping returned before sending back because I shouldn't be out money because they sold me an item that didn't look good on me. Also, they offered to pay for return shipping, but it was the cheapest AKA SLOWEST method possible rather than doing the right thing of giving me an overnight shipping label so that I could get my fund backs sooner than later. Why do sellers think they are entitled to hold on to our money for as long as they like?

So far they've refused to refund the shipping and they refuse use a reasonable return shipping. At this point I was extremely annoyed by their outlandish behavior and attitude. I should be able to keep the item and get a full refund based on their behavior. They haven't replied yet, but I suspect the risk of neg feedback will put these jerks in their place. Sometimes you have to be tough to keep the bullies and scammers from beating you down. I just hope they refund it before the Wednesday because there is an item I want to bid on that is ending then.

So tired of jerks on ebay. How do you deal with horrible sellers?

I bought a watch on ebay but changed my mind after wearing it for a week and realizing watches are stupid. I sent a message to the seller stating the watch wasn't doing it for me and I wanted a return. At which point they said they would refund the full price of the item minus the shipping as soon as the item was returned. I told them I wanted the full price and shipping returned before sending back because I shouldn't be out money because they sold me an item that didn't look good on me. Also, they offered to pay for return shipping, but it was the cheapest AKA SLOWEST method possible rather than doing the right thing of giving me an overnight shipping label so that I could get my fund backs sooner than later. Why do sellers think they are entitled to hold on to our money for as long as they like?

So far they've refused to refund the shipping and they refuse use a reasonable return shipping. At this point I was extremely annoyed by their outlandish behavior and attitude. I should be able to keep the item and get a full refund based on their behavior. They haven't replied yet, but I suspect the risk of neg feedback will put these jerks in their place. Sometimes you have to be tough to keep the bullies and scammers from beating you down. I just hope they refund it before the Wednesday because there is an item I want to bid on that is ending then.

You want to return a watch because it doesn't look good on you? And you want the seller to pay for the return shipping at a higher rate. What's wrong with this picture?

Fine, the seller should take the watch back. But in many local businesses, you may be hit with a 20% restocking free and YOU have to transport the item to the store. I find it quite fair that the seller is willing to give you a total refund. But what I find fault with is you are demanding that not only does the seller pay for the return shipping but pay for premium shipping. You must be a WalMart trained Shopper.

Dude thats on you.
I never buy shit on ebay since you have very little recourse.

So file a complaint with EBay. I'll bet you a dollar that it won't turn out like you want it to.

:1041:Since they don't know what looks good on you, you can't hold them responsible for your poor judgment in what watches look good on you. Nor should they give it to you for free because they don't meet your demands. Send it back on your dime. Get your refund.
It's not their fault your wrists are ugly...:crybaby:

Last edited:

First thing you need to admit, you bought something you didn't think looked good on you.

Second, what was the sellers return policy? Most sellers won't pay return shipping if you just change your mind or don't like the item.

Third, I'm an Ebay VIP and even I don't get overnight shipping on returns. If a 7-10 day delay on your refund will disadvantage you that much, perhaps you couldn't afford the watch in the first place.

I think maybe you should put yourself in the place of the seller and treat them the way you'd want to be treated.

I used to seel a fair amount on Ebay. The jerks I ran into were buyers like you. The seller you dealt with lived up to his end of the bargain. You just decided you didn't really want what you thought you wanted. And now the seller is supposed to bend over backwards to get you all the refunds and shipping faster?

Did you pay for overnight shipping when you bought the watch?

Verily, verily, I say unto thee...stfu

This thread wasn't honest to begn with. There are a few clowns around that post outlandish crap just to get a rise out of folks or see what happens with their trollclickbait thread. Like fbj.

Buyers remorse. Think twice before buying anything.

If it was me I would tell you to get lost. Sell it, take a loss, and learn a lesson.

I can't wait to see the seller's post on the sub-reddit "Entitled Buyers" ... seriously, they sent you exactly what they said they would, in good faith ... they deserve a positive review from you, in good faith ... you should be glad they'll refund the purchase price, shipping to-and-fro is on you, this is strictly your fault ...

Worst thing to happen to me was receiving something very close to what was advertised, but not in some small detail ... the sellers in every case were quick to acknowledge their mistake (fucking noobs) and refunded all my money and just let me keep the worthless stuff they sent ...

I can't wait to see the seller's post on the sub-reddit "Entitled Buyers" ... seriously, they sent you exactly what they said they would, in good faith ... they deserve a positive review from you, in good faith ... you should be glad they'll refund the purchase price, shipping to-and-fro is on you, this is strictly your fault ...

Worst thing to happen to me was receiving something very close to what was advertised, but not in some small detail ... the sellers in every case were quick to acknowledge their mistake (fucking noobs) and refunded all my money and just let me keep the worthless stuff they sent ...

In every case? Is this a habit for you?

I've had serious problems with sellers on Ebay. Most recently was 2 weeks ago I ordered a pop up tent and never received it. All correspondence went unanswered. The guy got 500 negative feedbacks in the last 2 weeks. He stopped replying and just took everyone's money. He's no longer an Ebay member.

One dude told me to give him positive feedback BEFORE he shipped the item so Ebay would release the money and so he could "afford the shipping." I let Ebay know this and HE is no longer an Ebay member.

You get your money back after you send it back. That's the way it works. I've returned things before.

What kind of watch was it?

In every case? Is this a habit for you?

"Worst things to happen" ... no, just the worst cases of problems on Ebay ... these are old stamps and neophytes regularly get different issues mixed up ... and some differences don't show up in the photos ...

"I changed my mind" is not a viable reason to return something that works as advertised.

Grow the fuck up and own your mistake like the rest of us.

And I better not here your maga hat wearing ass call any liberal entitled after this.

shouldn't be out money because they sold me an item that didn't look good on me

Your so vane...

I've had serious problems with sellers on Ebay. Most recently was 2 weeks ago I ordered a pop up tent and never received it. All correspondence went unanswered. The guy got 500 negative feedbacks in the last 2 weeks. He stopped replying and just took everyone's money. He's no longer an Ebay member.

One dude told me to give him positive feedback BEFORE he shipped the item so Ebay would release the money and so he could "afford the shipping." I let Ebay know this and HE is no longer an Ebay member.

A pop up tent

LMFAO

A pop up tent

LMFAO

Yea it's for the big rig. Sometimes taking a sleeper shower is necessary because you can't get to a truck stop.

Forum List

Back