Sell The Vatican, Feed The World

QUENTIN

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2008
Texas
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bObItmxAGc&]YouTube - Sell The Vatican, Feed The World (HD, Official)[/ame]

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Sarah Silverman said:
All the pussy.

Thoughts?

I don't like Sarah Silverman.

I've been to the Vatican, however. It is the most spectacular building in the world I have ever seen, by far. Its amazing that a church has so much wealth yet preaches a life of poverty.

Nice to see the treasure in good man's hand,and the mother church will use it in benefaction.Plato say virtue shall marry the power,now the faithful control the gold.Money is a tool,in good man's hand it will be use is right way to make the world better,but in bad man's hand,that will be destructiveness.

Unless you're Catholic, it ain't your damned business what we do with our property.

I'm Catholic and I will tell you straight out that Jesus would be pissed right the hell off to see that the church has something like the Vatican.

Property can't bring in grave with u,when the end comes,the soul is only value treasure in ur hand,so think about heaven's business,not on earth.
Matthew 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, 24 which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."

took a millennium or 2 to get that wealthy....

IF the church continually makes money off of the vatican/pope/hierarchy... that then continually goes to the needs of the poor....then i have no problems with keeping the Vatican, st peter's basilica etc....

the reason i say this is because the Bible does not begrudge you for being wealthy....it says you are blessed, and from this blessing, you have GREAT responsibility....that includes not underpaying your employees, helping those in need etc...

in fact, i think the Bible goes on to say that essentially it would be a SIN if you were blessed with the ability to acquire wealth and NOT continue to work hard and acquire wealth, because it is the wealthy as these, that are the ones that can actually help the needy and the sick...

I have been to the Vatican/Rome as well on vacation Toro....I too was awestruck!

care

Dante0134.jpg

The end.

Unless you're Catholic, it ain't your damned business what we do with our property.

I'm Catholic and I will tell you straight out that Jesus would be pissed right the hell off to see that the church has something like the Vatican.

http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/uploads/Documents/VaticanRiches.pdf

Pope Cannot Exchange Vatican Treasure for Food
Cardinal Explains Complications of Facebook Proposal
By Jesús Colina
VATICAN CITY, MARCH 16, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The proposal of a member of the
social networking Web site Facebook suggesting that the Vatican should exchange
its treasures for food in Africa is an impossibility due to international law, says
Cardinal Paul Josef Cordes.
The president of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum said this Friday to ZENIT at a
press conference Friday in which he commented on the online petition titled
"Exchange the Vatican’s Treasures for Food for Africa. Do You Want to Sign a
Petition?"
The cardinal noted that, apart from the ideological aspect of the proposal, the Pope
cannot consider it because he is prevented from doing so by international law.
This Pontifical council is responsible for the direction and coordination among the
charitable organizations and activities promoted by the Catholic Church.
Alberto Juesas Escudero of Spain launched the initiative, which now has more than
40,000 supporters. Escudero claims "it is a shameful to see the Vatican’s riches and
then watch the news."
He explained that what motivated him to issue this invitation was that he believes
the Vatican "does not admit its errors. [...] It does not preach by example. Jesus
was born in a cave and lived in poverty."
The youth concluded: "The Vatican is a disgrace! The Catholic religion is a
disgrace!"
In answer to ZENIT’s questions, Cardinal Cordes explained that he has heard similar
proposals for the past 40 years, and that before it was even much more frequent.
When John Paul II called him to Rome to work in the Curia, he observed that "the
climate against the Vatican was very strong."
He explained, "I had looked into [the status of the Vatican’s holdings] and found out
that the Church cannot do what it wants with the works of art that are in the
Vatican."
Duty
In reality, he said, the Church "has the duty to conserve the works of art in the
name of the Italian state." He affirmed, "It cannot sell them."
The prelate recalled an incident in the 1970s when a benefactor made a donation to
renovate the Collegio Teutonico inside the Vatican, and the residence director
wanted to give this person a small statue -- of a meager value compared to the
others in the Vatican Museums -- as a gesture of gratitude.
The German benefactor had a lot of problems with the Italian state, as he was
accused of taking goods that Italy was charged with safeguarding.
"In every country there are a lot of measures for the defense of works of art,
because the state has a duty to maintain them," Cardinal Cordes added, noting that
the Holy See treasures are also part of Italian cultural history.

Why don't the people who want to buy the Vatican treasures just give their money to the starving childrens of Africa?

If you want to help feed them, write your own check and do it, you don't need the Vatican to do anything.

Why don't the people who want to buy the Vatican treasures just give their money to the starving childrens of Africa?

If you want to help feed them, write your own check and do it, you don't need the Vatican to do anything.

Maybe they're liberals - they want to redistribute everyone else's money, except their own.

Maybe they're liberals - they want to redistribute everyone else's money, except their own.

Any other sweeping generalizations you care to make there?

Fact is conservatives give more to charity than liberals do. So she's not that far off in her opinion.

did you know that as a country we donate $200 BILLION a year to charties, and that ONLY 20 billion a year is donated to the needy....so $180 billion of that $200 billion each year is donated towards, parks, libraries, museums, the arts, particular causes etc....

when i heard that on c-span the other day, my JAW DROPPED....I had no idea how little charity actually went to the needy.....yet donating to art is equal to feeding the hungry, both are charities allowed to be written off on your taxes....

so, my question is, if conservatives are the ones donating the majority of their money towards charities, then why in the world do they not donate their money to charities that actually help the needy instead of all of these other $180 billion worth of causes not related to the neediest?

Fact is conservatives give more to charity than liberals do. So she's not that far off in her opinion.

did you know that as a country we donate $200 BILLION a year to charties, and that ONLY 20 billion a year is donated to the needy....so $180 billion of that $200 billion each year is donated towards, parks, libraries, museums, the arts, particular causes etc....

when i heard that on c-span the other day, my JAW DROPPED....I had no idea how little charity actually went to the needy.....yet donating to art is equal to feeding the hungry, both are charities allowed to be written off on your taxes....

so, my question is, if conservatives are the ones donating the majority of their money towards charities, then why in the world do they not donate their money to charities that actually help the needy instead of all of these other $180 billion worth of causes not related to the neediest?

So not only do the left want to whine about conservatives donating, they now think they're entitled to tell them who to donate to?

It is the right of the individual to donate to whatever they choose. Mind your own business and donate your money where you want it to go.

Tax write offs for those foundations plus the government gives grants to many these facilities or organizations.

There are more but here is a few examples,
Marc Rich's ex-wife donated $450000 to the Clinton library. Marc Rich received a pardon.
Saudi Royal Family donated $10000000 to the Clinton Library.
A sheik from the UAE donated $1 million to the Bush library.
Moon donated $1 million to the Bush Library.

There are currently over 30,000 Private Foundations, 1,400 Federal Grant Money Programs, 24,000 State Programs, 20,000 Scholarship Programs.

This year alone over $1.5 Trillion Dollars In Federal Grant Money will be given away by Private Foundations and Federal Grant Money Sources.

Private Foundation Grants

Foundations must by law give away at least 5% of it’s total assets every year, to keep their tax-exemption status.

Foundations and Agencies are dedicated to providing a common good for society by helping businesses and individuals with FREE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GRANTS!

It’s up to the individual foundation and agency on how they distribute their funds, some just give to businesses and other’s give money for everyday expenses.

So not only do the left want to whine about conservatives donating, they now think they're entitled to tell them who to donate to?

It is the right of the individual to donate to whatever they choose. Mind your own business and donate your money where you want it to go.
No problem with anyone giving their money to whomever they want. The problem is what is being sold on the right, left and everything in between and then being told that we the people have to pay to keep these foundations and organizations that are helped asisted and supported with tax dollars. In as much as the LGBT community see's fit to attempt to destroy organizations like the Boys Scouts they seem to think it is fine and dandy to use tax payer dollars to push their agenda.

Calling it all charity is crap when corporate or political organizations build monuments, foundations and organizations to themselves at the expense of the people.

It is our business when these organizations that run under the color of charity receive grants and/or support from our tax dollars.

Forum List

Back