Sell it back to the French!

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
The Louisiana Purchase has been something we've gloated about in every history class. Those dumb frogs sold us the whole thing for 1 million dollars!

Now why don't we just circle on a map the parts that are destroyed or in danger of future destruction and sell it back to them? That way the French will have the expense of rebuilding, policing and feeding the refugees.

They get to recoup some of their reputation for one of the stupidest real estate deals in history and we get rid of a festering sore.

We got a heck of a lot more land than Louisiana in that purchase. I am sure people all along the Mississippi river would disagree that we should sell it all back. Of course you stated to only sell the damaged goods back. Now that might just be a good idea. I wonder if they'd let us trick them into that....

:cool:

nucular said:
The Louisiana Purchase has been something we've gloated about in every history class. Those dumb frogs sold us the whole thing for 1 million dollars!

Now why don't we just circle on a map the parts that are destroyed or in danger of future destruction and sell it back to them? That way the French will have the expense of rebuilding, policing and feeding the refugees.

They get to recoup some of their reputation for one of the stupidest real estate deals in history and we get rid of a festering sore.
The only way I'd agree to that is if it was Cash&Carry... ;)

nucular said:

Yeah, so explain to me again why we would want to turn one of the most vital ports in the south over to the French? The last thing we need is the French in control of our oil refineries. Gas prices are bad enough without giving more foreign nations control over our supplies.

Besides, we'd be the ones rebuilding anyway. We are the one with all the compassion and businesses.

Yeah, so explain to me again why we would want to turn one of the most vital ports in the south over to the French?

Maybe the "New New Orleans" and Quebec can unify and have a relationship like the old Pakistan and East Pakistan model. Then North America could be more multi-cultural. Better food, smellier women, that kind of thing.

nucular said:

Where you rolled by a French Quarter whore or something? Either you are an a$$hole or just ignorant. The Louisiana Purchase amounts to about a 1/3 of the U.S. You are just to stupid for me to attempt to explain things to you. Have fun with your home lobotomy kit.
:fu2:

rcajun90 said:
Where you rolled by a French Quarter whore or something? Either you are an a$$hole or just ignorant. The Louisiana Purchase amounts to about a 1/3 of the U.S. You are just to stupid for me to attempt to explain things to you. Have fun with your home lobotomy kit.
:fu2:

Read my post, not the whole purchase, just the stuff that needs rebuilding. Anyway it was somewhat of a joke, so lighten up.

nucular said:
Read my post, not the whole purchase, just the stuff that needs rebuilding. Anyway it was somewhat of a joke, so lighten up.

It’s an ignorant statement. You are talking to someone that is going through what you are watching on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. I’m fine but my neighbor has a big pine tree in his house. I’m curious, where are you located. Where ever you are chances are that the power that you are enjoying came through New Orleans or South Louisiana. When the water goes down and I’m not hearing chain saws working through the night then I will lighten up.

God Bless You and Your Family

Claude V. McCall

rcajun90 said:
It’s an ignorant statement. You are talking to someone that is going through what you are watching on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. I’m fine but my neighbor has a big pine tree in his house. I’m curious, where are you located. Where ever you are chances are that the power that you are enjoying came through New Orleans or South Louisiana. When the water goes down and I’m not hearing chain saws working through the night then I will lighten up.

God Bless You and Your Family

Claude V. McCall

I'm in Wisconsin. And if my house is crushed by a gigantic blizzard I won't be surprised, nor will I whine about it.

nucular said:
I'm in Wisconsin. And if my house is crushed by a gigantic blizzard I won't be surprised, nor will I whine about it.

Wisconsin....well you guys produce a ton of oil and gas. LOL! I'm not whining you A$$HOLE! I'm working my but off to provide for my family and neighbors. :blowup:

rcajun90 said:
Wisconsin....well you guys produce a ton of oil and gas. LOL! I'm not whining you A$$HOLE! I'm working my but off to provide for my family and neighbors. :blowup:

Keep up the good work! We do produce gas----methane gas! Remember when Gore said cow flatulence was a big pollutant?

Look we're just having fun here. Best wishes to you and yours and I hope things work out for everybody down there.

nucular said:
Keep up the good work! We do produce gas----methane gas! Remember when Gore said cow flatulence was a big pollutant?

Look we're just having fun here. Best wishes to you and yours and I hope things work out for everybody down there.

Thank you. I guess you are human after all. Put yourself into the shoes of the folks that live hear. Remember that these are your fellow Americans. Know that the Louisiana national guard has the most troops in Iraq in relation to our population. Know that we provide 25% of the petroleum of this country. We are Americans. We have given and given to this country. We are in need and I believe America will help us to rebuild. I know Wisconsin is beautiful state. Imagine if a natural disaster struk Madison, Milwaukee or Green Bay and you came on this board and people were saying let's sell it the Canadians. Let's not rebuild. These are real people behind these keyboards.

rcajun90 said:
Thank you. I guess you are human after all. Put yourself into the shoes of the folks that live hear. Remember that these are your fellow Americans. Know that the Louisiana national guard has the most troops in Iraq in relation to our population. Know that we provide 25% of the petroleum of this country. We are Americans. We have given and given to this country. We are in need and I believe America will help us to rebuild. I know Wisconsin is beautiful state. Imagine if a natural disaster struk Madison, Milwaukee or Green Bay and you came on this board and people were saying let's sell it the Canadians. Let's not rebuild. These are real people behind these keyboards.

I was joking. Probably should have posted it in the "humor" section, not the first time I made that mistake!

Some of the people on this board who are saying "don't rebuild" probably hate the place and are having shadenfreude (German for "pleasure at other peoples suffering"). Others maybe are wondering whether logistically it can be done, or if it's worth the expense.

America doesn't really have much history compared to the rest of the world (save Australia and NZ). We can't afford to write off one of our most historic cities because some don't like lifestyle issues or because it will be expensive.

nucular said:
I was joking. Probably should have posted it in the "humor" section, not the first time I made that mistake!

Some of the people on this board who are saying "don't rebuild" probably hate the place and are having shadenfreude (German for "pleasure at other peoples suffering"). Others maybe are wondering whether logistically it can be done, or if it's worth the expense.

America doesn't really have much history compared to the rest of the world (save Australia and NZ). We can't afford to write off one of our most historic cities because some don't like lifestyle issues or because it will be expensive.

Yea you should have posted it in the humor section. Shadenfreude? Never heard of that but Romans called it shameful joy (don't know the exact Latin phrase). We all know what great folks the Romans were. BTW I see you are a fan of Brett Farve. He grewup in Kiln Mississippi and I heard on the raido that his house was destroyed. Kiln is only about 20 minutes from Slidell Louisiana. I didn't hear anything about his family.

rcajun90 said:
Yea you should have posted it in the humor section. Shadenfreude? Never heard of that but Romans called it shameful joy (don't know the exact Latin phrase). We all know what great folks the Romans were. BTW I see you are a fan of Brett Farve. He grewup in Kiln Mississippi and I heard on the raido that his house was destroyed. Kiln is only about 20 minutes from Slidell Louisiana. I didn't hear anything about his family.

I heard his bar, the Broke Spoke, was destroyed. I went there once. They only had two kinds of beer. That was the entirety of their selection. No hard liquor. But when they determined that I was a distinguished guest from Packerland, they invited me out back for some moonshine!

nucular said:
I heard his bar, the Broke Spoke, was destroyed. I went there once. They only had two kinds of beer. That was the entirety of their selection. No hard liquor. But when they determined that I was a distinguished guest from Packerland, they invited me out back for some moonshine!

Good folks in that part of Mississippi. I will never forget a game I saw when USM
played what was then USL (Now the University of Louisiana). It was Brett Farve
vs. Jake Delhomme two future NFL stand outs. The Ragin Cajuns were up 13 to 0 over Southern Miss with about 8 minutes left to go in the game. The game was over right? Farve brought the Golden Eagles back and beat us 14 to 13. I knew he was something special that night.
:beer:
God Bless

Forum List

Back