Self-Immolation

My father committed suicide too. He hung himself.

Y'know, I'm sincerely sorry to hear that. Since you know how that made you feel, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to put someone through that. If you're seriously contemplating suicide as some are worried you might, an Internet forum is not what you need. Of course, nobody wants you to hurt yourself. I know I don't, please seek real help. You owe it to yourself and your family.

On the other hand, if this is all just for the attention, shame on you for worrying people who don't even know you.

You don't know me at all. I didn't start this thread for attention. It came to me because I am clearing out the past. I've left Buddhism and there are these shreds of memory of things that impacted me.

One of my first awarenesses of Buddhism was the self-immolation during the Vietnam War, a war, that as a child, I was acutely touched by.

It's fine if you don't believe that or don't understand it.

There are people here who don't believe anything at all about me, and that makes me realize I should have created a fictional identity all along.

:rofl:

good one

:thup:

Y'know, I'm sincerely sorry to hear that. Since you know how that made you feel, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to put someone through that. If you're seriously contemplating suicide as some are worried you might, an Internet forum is not what you need. Of course, nobody wants you to hurt yourself. I know I don't, please seek real help. You owe it to yourself and your family.

On the other hand, if this is all just for the attention, shame on you for worrying people who don't even know you.

You don't know me at all. I didn't start this thread for attention. It came to me because I am clearing out the past. I've left Buddhism and there are these shreds of memory of things that impacted me.

One of my first awarenesses of Buddhism was the self-immolation during the Vietnam War, a war, that as a child, I was acutely touched by.

There are people here who don't believe anything at all about me, and that makes me realize I should have created a fictional identity all along.

good one

del--

I have no idea why you post anything on any of my threads. You can't stand me.

good one

del--

I have no idea why you post anything on any of my threads. You can't stand me.

don't flatter yourself, queenie.

:lol:

I can't really explain it to your satisfaction. It would take too long, and I've determined that talking about this stuff here is not wise.

Oh?...try me.

Sounds to me as if you came across some sadistic ass hole lunatic who held you in thrall.

Sorry, no one is going to tell order me not to put my pet down.

I'll tell you what REALLY angers me about that now. The same teacher is now saying there is Buddhist teaching that justifies either position.

My dog Charlie, was blind, deaf, incontinent of bowl and urine, had bed sores, had his joints come out of alignment, and got to the point where he would shit blood after every meal.

What was true though, was that Charlie wanted to live. He just kept going, no matter what.

We gave him pain medication, and I spent a good portion of my retreat time caring for him. He always tried to get up and had to be helped.

It broke my heart. Finally, he passed in his sleep.

I will not do that again, even if I have to take on the karma of the killing.

:huddle:

Sorrow. :(

It's just another man.

One thing that cannot be understood by outsiders is the role of the spiritual teacher in Buddhism.

I understand it, I just happen to think submitting oneself to a master that can't be questioned or refused is sycophantic. It's your life and experience, so quite frankly, fuck that guy.

She has disavowed Buddhism, so I can't quite figure out how this guy holds so much power over her. Priests hold no power over me. I'm not Catholic.

I'll tell you what REALLY angers me about that now. The same teacher is now saying there is Buddhist teaching that justifies either position.

My dog Charlie, was blind, deaf, incontinent of bowl and urine, had bed sores, had his joints come out of alignment, and got to the point where he would shit blood after every meal.

What was true though, was that Charlie wanted to live. He just kept going, no matter what.

We gave him pain medication, and I spent a good portion of my retreat time caring for him. He always tried to get up and had to be helped.

It broke my heart. Finally, he passed in his sleep.

I will not do that again, even if I have to take on the karma of the killing.

so what you are saying is that the sadistic ass just wanted you to do what HE wanted you to do..... Sounds to me as if he wanted to mind fuck you with the suffering of your pet...to learn some idiotic religious lesson.

Im sorry about your dog...and i am sorry he suffered for some cult religion. Quantity of life is not quality of life. And... you should be DAMN ANGRY about it!

If your're not a buddhist anymore then you dont have to worry about karma.... do your beloved pets a favor and don't put them through pain like that ever again. Animals don't give a rats ass about human religions.

The view in Buddhism is that the animal realm is a lower realm, and when one purifies the lower realm one progresses to a higher one.

I pray that Charlie has been reborn as a human and is progressing swiftly on his spiritual path.

It doesn't sound as if you have left anything sky.

Whatever. My mistake for talking about something this private with a bunch of people who don't know me, don't know Buddhism and judge harshly. Time to disappear.

Last edited:
One thing that cannot be understood by outsiders is the role of the spiritual teacher in Buddhism.

I understand it, I just happen to think submitting oneself to a master that can't be questioned or refused is sycophantic. It's your life and experience, so quite frankly, fuck that guy.

She has disavowed Buddhism, so I can't quite figure out how this guy holds so much power over her. Priests hold no power over me. I'm not Catholic.
Because she's brainwashed. She's claiming to have moved away, but have you seen interviews of cult members after they are expelled from their cults, or their cult leader is killed, or something traumatic happens that forces them to leave the cult?

They're still brainwashed, they're still crazy, and they're still just waiting for the next person in line to incorporate them into the next insane fad.

Forum List

Back