~Self Conscious~

The boobage, sometimes I think men aren't really paying attention to what I'm saying, and I tend to think people look at my chest more than they do my eyes or directly into my face, which in turn, makes me think they are not taking me seriously.

If the man is interested in you, he will adapt and "talk" to you and not only focus on your breasts.
Yes, I look on boobs. And the woman I like will also get her "attention" and "real talk".
Women I don't like, I don't talk to if I don't have to. And those women's boobs I also don't look at, because I already looked and decided upon, that I don't like her.

I am self-conscious about clothes that don't fit the way I prefer. Jeans that are too tight or shirts that are too small. I like the layered look but because I am most usually cold in air conditioning. I don't like showing off a lot of skin in public but because I have known too many women that are either emotionally scarred and insecure or just plain catty and mean... :(

It is really difficult to find flattering clothes that are not tailored and it is even more difficult to find affordable flattering clothes.

My biggest issue about being self-conscious, as I'm sure is the case with most individuals, is the way I am within my head about appearances. Most days I don't even think to really look in the mirror to 'see' the 'way' I actually look and I don't always realize I appear much more frumpled than I intend to.

These are my favorite clothes...EVER! I have quite a few in my closet although I don't wear them much any more except on rare occassions.

Tienda Ho

My computer doesn't usually cooperate well enough for me to pull other sites up. I did see the first page, though, and I totally agree! :) I love that style... While in New Orleans I came across a tiny spot of a store called 'The Pharaoh's Cave'. OMGorsh. The guy gave me an awesome deal on a dress set for my friend and if I'd had more time (and money) I would have gone back for other things.

I have such a hankering to order some of that stuff. But where would I wear it? In the back yard as I dance in the moonlight?

*lola* I wear my skirts to work, yet I am a home healthcare provider so I can usually wear most anything within reason... :lol:

Your "boobage" is visible more often (although covered supposedly) than your scar which is hidden (unless you wear tube tops) and it is your scar that bothers you most. Hmmm. We all have scars, some visible some not, some physical and some emotional. That is what makes us individuals, it makes some people ashamed and others proud. Am I self conscious about myself? I used to be but as I traveled through time and I became aware of the flaws in everyone else I lost that self consciousness. I do have self awareness of my scars, flaws and physical limitations but I am who I am and I am comfortable with myself.

The boobage, sometimes I think men aren't really paying attention to what I'm saying, and I tend to think people look at my chest more than they do my eyes or directly into my face, which in turn, makes me think they are not taking me seriously.
My scar bothers me greatly.
It's a terrible flaw on my body. I can not wear a bikini, I don't like for anyone to see it. It's one of those hard to describe situations, but I find the scar hideous and while it is indeed covered, I know it's there, and I go to great lengths to not let my belly show. And belly button rings, are definitely out of the question! :lol:

Hmmm. I have large breasts - probably larger than yours - and I rather like them. Yeah, guys notice them, but I don't mind that. And anyone who doesn't take me seriously is just going to live to regret it, in my opinion. ;)

As for stomach scars, I have a large one myself from gastric bypass surgery. I go right ahead and wear whatever I want, and even go skinnydipping at parties with my friends. The way I figure it, I'm 42 and I've had a busy life. No one sane could expect me to be as clear and unmarked as a newborn. ::shrug::

As to the scar, Do not think of it as something bad. It sounds like a fixation to me. Heck some people find scars admirable. I have a burn scar on my arm the size of a small pancake but it bothers me not. People ask me about it sure but it is a part of me, a part that I cannot change, but a part of my life. Of course I always crack a joke about it first, some outrageous thing that kinda puts them back on their heels.:lol:

I have had 4 c-sections, a hysterectomy when I was age 34, a surgery for kidney stones, and a couple of other surgeries that required going thru the abdomen area.
The scar I carry is a big one, it starts from right underneath my belly button, on down to my pubic bone.
Ummmm..how shall I put this delicately??
When one is being intimate, it's hard not to focus on my tummy, because that's part of the frontal view :lol:........and I feel self conscious letting all that show.
It has bothered me for a great long time, I just never really speak of it much. I was wondering if anyone else might have some scars and how they were dealing with it.
I got some great feedback, Thank you much *smiles*

My stomach scar runs from my sternum down to my belly button. Sure, people notice it and ask about it the first time they see it. But after that, they're used to it and ignore it. If a guy is looking at it during sex, then I'd say I'm doing something wrong. ;)

I have such a hankering to order some of that stuff. But where would I wear it? In the back yard as I dance in the moonlight?

I wear stuff like that every day, unless I'm cleaning or something else grubby. I love soft, flowing skirts and blouses.

The factors like trauma, infection, sunlight, drugs or emotional stress affect Psoriasis. It is not a life threatening disease, but can hamper the quality of life considerably. The treatment of psoriasis consists of administration of drugs like corticosteroids, immunosuppressant, and UV therapies etc., which certainly have potential side effects. There can be a few cases, when the quality of life may further deteriorate with these drugs. However, one characteristic about psoriasis is, no two people can be treated with the same medications. Therefore, the approach to healing should be considered primarily. Natural cures for Psoriasis are traditionally believed to be safe and effective and without harmful side-effects.
Biogetica has come up with unique natural therapeutic products which have helped thousands of people to gain freedom against psoriasis and improve their lives. Biogetica’s kit is traditionally believed to work on the physical as well as energetic, mental and emotional causes of the ailment at the same time and hence helps in overall improvement in the condition of the patient. Every ingredient in the kit is in perfect balance and harmony with the ancient Ayurveda and Homeopathy and also supported by latest researches and clinical trials.
You can visit biogetica.com to Learn About Natural Homeopathic Remedies | Herbal Treatments & Ayurvedic Medicine to know more.

Forum List

Back