Sekou tha Misfit: Election Poetry

Oct 28, 2008
I've been getting in to spoken word poetry a lot, and I found this pretty cool poet named Sekou tha Misfit, who is a very accomplished spoken word poet. He has a little jam about the election and nature, and politics, etc. etc. I hope you enjoy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGirK5kPF0]YouTube - Sekou (tha misfit) for Rock the Vote[/ame]

I think he does a good job of illustrating what he's talking about, allowing you to visualize it.

I watched the video and it struck me how hypocritical those two, ummm, gentlemen are.

While chanting this,

"against the robber barons who rob her barren, who strip her for dollars, who don't just scratch the surface! Ah, they strip mine till she bleeds oil, coughs coal, spits out diamonds, sweats gold..."

the one guy's includes a silver necklace and stainless steel watch and bracelet that are the very products provided by those "robber barons" they are railing against.

I watched the video and it struck me how hypocritical those two, ummm, gentlemen are.

While chanting this,

"against the robber barons who rob her barren, who strip her for dollars, who don't just scratch the surface! Ah, they strip mine till she bleeds oil, coughs coal, spits out diamonds, sweats gold..."

the one guy's includes a silver necklace and stainless steel watch and bracelet that are the very products provided by those "robber barons" they are railing against.

:clap2:

Everybody wants to be a wealthy environmentalist.

They have the best of both worlds.

They get to claim the moral high ground because they can afford the green things in life -- the McGreenJean-McHouses, the electric cars and the windmills, and the trips to the rainforsts so they can love nature to death, too.

Green consumerism.

How droll

What? Honestly, what? Think about it for a second. These guys are talking about preserving honestly the most important thing in a way that reaches out to youth, and people are trying to slag on them? Maybe you don't agree with everything they say, but if it's getting us to be a bit more mindful of how we treat the planet, how can that be a bad thing?

Are you guys anti-planet earth?

Forum List

Back