Seems that most people are not happy with the "choices" we have ...

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
..... in the upcoming election.

Humor me. Let's go back many, many moons ago. There has been no Democrat candidate chosen, there is no Republican candidate, and there is no Independent, candidate. The slate is clear.

Just who is it you want to see on the final ballot to become your next President of the United States of Amercia, in November, 2008?

And why? ... if you chose to elobrate.

..... in the upcoming election.

Humor me. Let's go back many, many moons ago. There has been no Democrat candidate chosen, there is no Republican candidate, and there is no Independent, candidate. The slate is clear.

Just who is it you want to see on the final ballot to become your next President of the United States of Amercia, in November, 2008?

And why? ... if you chose to elobrate.

I am electing Bobby Kennedy! Bobby Kennedy was a once in a lifetime leader. He was nothing like his brother. And after Jack was assassinated he changed and realized that life is too short to have such great divisions, race, wealth and war. He said that "We can remember, if only for a time, that those who live among us, are our brothers. They share with us, the same short moment of life. That they seek as we do, nothing but the chance to live out their lives in purpose and happiness. Winning what satisfaction and fulfillment they can. Surely this bond of common faith, surely this bond of common goal, can begin to teach us something. Surely we can learn at least, to look around at those around us as fellow men. Surely we can begin to work a little harder to bind up the wounds among us, and to become in our own hearts brothers and countrymen once again." :eusa_whistle:

I am electing Bobby Kennedy! Bobby Kennedy was a once in a lifetime leader. He was nothing like his brother. And after Jack was assassinated he changed and realized that life is too short to have such great divisions, race, wealth and war. He said that "We can remember, if only for a time, that those who live among us, are our brothers. They share with us, the same short moment of life. That they seek as we do, nothing but the chance to live out their lives in purpose and happiness. Winning what satisfaction and fulfillment they can. Surely this bond of common faith, surely this bond of common goal, can begin to teach us something. Surely we can learn at least, to look around at those around us as fellow men. Surely we can begin to work a little harder to bind up the wounds among us, and to become in our own hearts brothers and countrymen once again." :eusa_whistle:

Why are people so impressed with what people say instead of what people do?

excellent point.

who would you like to run? me, i think biden would do well as a president. but i think we really need to focus on balancing the budget. dont know who would actually try to do that anymore

My First Choice was always Romney. Specifically because Ive seen his leadership style at work and how effective it could be. Alot of people I heard what they said, but they couldnt show me how they would do things. But we are stuck with McCain or Obama (or if you really want to be generous Barr).

Because Bobby Kennedy was a different animal than all of the other politicians, that came before him. He had a lot of potential to do great things for the US. Like end Vietnam, and alleviate poverty, and bind up wounds between races. That was all cut short, before he could act. He was going to change the course of the US. Then we got stuck with Richard Nixion, and the wheels came off.:eusa_whistle:

Because Bobby Kennedy was a different animal than all of the other politicians, that came before him. He had a lot of potential to do great things for the US. Like end Vietnam, and alleviate poverty, and bind up wounds between races. That was all cut short, before he could act. He was going to change the course of the US. Then we got stuck with Richard Nixion, and the wheels came off.:eusa_whistle:

I dont know why you expect politicians to do all the work for you. You can do more to alleviate poverty than a politician. You can do more to bind up wounds between races.

Oh, and Vietnam was over nearly forty years ago.

You can become active and involved but you can also inspire people to do great things! He inspires me every day! I wish he were still around. :eusa_angel:

Attachments

• $RFK & Small Boy.jpg
    $RFK & Small Boy.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 117
  • $RFK.jpg
    $RFK.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 74
  • $MLK & RFK.jpg
    $MLK & RFK.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 84
LOL only one person has answered her question with someone who could have actually been a choice.

I too preferred Romney out of the available choices at the beginning.

LOL only one person has answered her question with someone who could have actually been a choice.

I too preferred Romney out of the available choices at the beginning.

:eusa_shifty: I wasn't going to say anything .... because I was having a good time reading about their thoughts .... but I was beginning to wonder if their choices were going to get "resurrected" or sumthin' cause they are all dead! :eusa_whistle:

lol :D

:eusa_shifty: I wasn't going to say anything .... because I was having a good time reading about their thoughts .... but I was beginning to wonder if their choices were going to get "resurrected" or sumthin' cause they are all dead! :eusa_whistle:

lol :D

well if resurrected beings are an option than I vote for Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back