Seems Romney wasn't only offensive but wrong again

That is fair. However, as you recall, America still elected him POTUS. Let the airwaves continue to be filled with Romney's "truth" and let's see how it turns out for him. Deal?

ahhh....but the difference is...when Obama explained it, it became a non story as it should have been. But when Romney explained it, the media decided to make it a story anyway.

It's always the fault of the media. Always. :cool:

grow up and debate like an adult.

I simply pointed out how the media....3 days later...is still reporting on this whereas a very similar situation withg Obama back in 2007 was met with a report and an explanation...and nothing further.

In Ca back in 2007, Obama was talking about how frustrated Americans in Pa were. He then explained how they cling to their guns and religion and take it out on those that are not like them..

He did not say "some of them"......so I guess we should assume he meant ALL of those frustrated Americans living in Pa are religious gun toting racists?

Well...I didnt take it that way....did you?

Stop debating like a child.

To be perfectly honest I really am not concerned with what Romney said ABOUT those people. What really bothers me is that he said "It's not my job to worry about them" Well it is his job as President of the USA to worry about all of us. This is what Obama said "To those Americans who's support I have yet to earn. I may not have won your vote but I hear your voice. I need your help and I will be your President too"

uh...excuse me....

It was quite obvious that he said his job was not to worry about GETTING THEIR VOTES....

Just as it is not Obamas job trying to get the votes of a libertarian.

The point being that he categorized nearly half of the country as being dependent on government and not wanting to take responsibility for their lives. If you agree with him on that, then fine. I don't think that's a message that would resonate with the vast majority.

ahhh....but the difference is...when Obama explained it, it became a non story as it should have been. But when Romney explained it, the media decided to make it a story anyway.

I simply pointed out how the media....3 days later...is still reporting on this whereas a very similar situation withg Obama back in 2007 was met with a report and an explanation...and nothing further.

Nah, I prefer to twist things in any way possible just like you seem to become pretty good at.

In other words, Romney was right, but democrats can split a group into whatever component parts that support the untruth that they are correct.

So in other words. To hell with those facts that prove everything Romney said was wrong. Because he is a Republican and the story was reported by "The Liberal Media" we are not going to let facts stand in the way of what he said. Even if I am one of those 47% that he don't feel it's his job to worry about.

A 5th grade child could have listened to what he said and NOT taken it that Romeny didnt plan on governing that 47%.
It was quite obvious he was referring to "worrying about their vote"....

Sadly...our current President didnt understand it. He actually believes as you claim to beleive....as was proven on Letterman last night.

By the way....according to obama....

"one of the things I learned as President was that I have the responsibility to govern ALL Americans."

You mean he didnt know that before he became president?

031011%20-%20grasping%20at%20straws.jpg

Nah, I prefer to twist things in any way possible just like you seem to become pretty good at.

nice.

To be fair....I have found Jarhead to be one of the more honest conservatives/Repubclian/whatever he considers himself. I believe he despises labels actually. It is rare he twists words the way some of the loons on here do.

To be fair....I have found Jarhead to be one of the more honest conservatives/Repubclian/whatever he considers himself. I believe he despises labels actually. It is rare he twists words the way some of the loons on here do.

No I agree. He and I usually have good conversations. However one of the last times we chatted, he must have been on his period or something because he told me to never respond to his posts again. So now I don't know if the Jarhead that is posting is the sane one, or the one who is a bit unhinged.

In Ca back in 2007, Obama was talking about how frustrated Americans in Pa were. He then explained how they cling to their guns and religion and take it out on those that are not like them..

He did not say "some of them"......so I guess we should assume he meant ALL of those frustrated Americans living in Pa are religious gun toting racists?

Well...I didnt take it that way....did you?

Stop debating like a child.

To be perfectly honest I really am not concerned with what Romney said ABOUT those people. What really bothers me is that he said "It's not my job to worry about them" Well it is his job as President of the USA to worry about all of us. This is what Obama said "To those Americans who's support I have yet to earn. I may not have won your vote but I hear your voice. I need your help and I will be your President too"

uh...excuse me....

It was quite obvious that he said his job was not to worry about GETTING THEIR VOTES....

I understand that and I think it's wrong. If you are not worried about getting their vote then you obviously have no concern for those people. Every vote counts and personally I would want to work to get some votes from those 47% (who are mostly republican) because if this guy has 47% of the vote locked down then he only needs win over another 4% while I need to win over another 53%. See this is that arithmetic ole Billy spoke of.

uh...excuse me....

I understand that and I think it's wrong. If you are not worried about getting their vote then you obviously have no concern for those people. Every vote counts and personally I would want to work to get some votes from those 47% (who are mostly republican) because if this guy has 47% of the vote locked down then he only needs win over another 4% while I need to win over another 53%. See this is that arithmetic ole Billy spoke of.

And by "not worrying about getting their votes", that means he has no intention of looking out for them as POTUS, yes?

uh...excuse me....

And by "not worrying about getting their votes", that means he has no intention of looking out for them as POTUS, yes?
So then Obama does not worry about looking out for conservatives? Or Registered republicans? Or libertarians?
Jeez....this thread has become pathetic. Im done with it.

uh...excuse me....

really?

Then you dont know how to budget.

You see...he has a budget to work with. He can waste his money on campaigning for sectors where he knows he will not get the vote with his message or he can spend it where he has a shot of getting it.

For example...I live in NY. NY is going Obama no matrter what Romney says or does. That is a given and both sides know it.

So we see no ads whatsoever from either candidate.

So does that mean Obama does not care about NYers?

I just cant deal with the immaturity in this thread.,

Half of Americans pay no taxes? This is the Big Republican Lie.

81% of Americans pay federal taxes including payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security and income taxes. In addition they also pay state taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.

Of the 19% who pay no federal taxes 95% are elderly on fixed incomes or working families.

What kind of political party attacks the elderly and the working poor?.....the Republican Party.

uh...excuse me....

actually Va...I think you were being sarcastic with this post....I think you are one of the mature ones in this thread.

LMAO...and Barb thanked you for it....not even realizing it.

Half of Americans pay no taxes? This is the Big Republican Lie.

81% of Americans pay federal taxes including payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security and income taxes. In addition they also pay state taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.

Of the 19% who pay no federal taxes 95% are elderly on fixed incomes or working families.

What kind of political party attacks the elderly and the working poor?.....the Republican Party.

jeez...is school out for the day already?

I thought 5th graders had to stay until 3???????

actually Va...I think you were being sarcastic with this post....I think you are one of the mature ones in this thread.

Honestly, Jarhead....I really don't care what he meant. Romney has touted himself as being this really smart businessman, which somehow qualifies him to be POTUS. Saying things like this, regardless of his intent, knowing how they sound, is just plain stupid. I would never have voted for Romney anyway, but for those who were considering it, things like this can have the ability to sway their opinion against him, you know?

I keep on seeing this breakdown of taxes paid and by whom and I am sick and tired of the Rethugs on this thread no posting their information showing 47% of americans pay not a single fuking dime.........oops .... I mean where 47% of Americans do not pay the taxes that Mittens I am a multi millioniare Rommney told his buddies they don't pay.

Those are the taxes Ima talking about.

Come on you rethugs. Hold up your end. Post those numbers. refute refute with cold hard facts.

Or stfu and admit your man blew it. Again. This is starting to feel familiar isnt' it?

Romney's 47 percent figure lumped together separate groups that have little relation to one another. Most Americans do pay taxes: The poorest fifth of Americans paid an effective tax rate of 17 percent last year, and the second-poorest fifth paid an effective tax rate of 21 percent, when factoring in payroll taxes, sales taxes and property taxes, among others, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.

It is true that 46 percent of American households did not pay federal income taxes last year, according to the Tax Policy Center. But that number is unusually high, in part because of the recession -- and a majority of that 46 percent still paid payroll taxes. Only 18 percent of American households paid no income taxes and no payroll taxes last year. It is largely low-income seniors and very poor people that legally don't pay federal income taxes or payroll taxes, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and the Tax Policy Center.

It was also inaccurate for Romney to claim that those who don't pay federal income taxes would vote for President Obama "no matter what." Nearly all states with a high percentage of Americans that don't pay federal income taxes vote Republican in presidential elections, according to the Washington Post.

Many questions, where did you come up with what the effective rate is?
Also did this include those that got more back in federal taxes than they paid in?
I know of a single mother with three kids, got her daycare paid by the state, got food stamps, got help with her housing and got over $7,000 back in her federal tax return and only paid in a few hundred. How are these calculated?

Romney doesn't pay federal income taxes or Social Security taxes or Medicare taxes.

Romney is a welfare queen.

Honestly, Jarhead....I really don't care what he meant. Romney has touted himself as being this really smart businessman, which somehow qualifies him to be POTUS. Saying things like this, regardless of his intent, knowing how they sound, is just plain stupid. I would never have voted for Romney anyway, but for those who were considering it, things like this can have the ability to sway their opinion against him, you know?

when I used to own my business, the way I spoke to my clients was different than the was I spoke to my employees. This was a closed door forum with his financial supporters. He was not on his guard and by no means was it meant the way it was spun.

I used the example of when the same dirty tactic was used against Obama regarding the religion and guns thing.

The only difference is...whereas the right spun what he said back then...and the left is spinning what Romney said now.....the media back then took Obamas explanation and reported it as such "an explanation"....whereas the media this time is ignoring Romeys explanantion and continuing to report on the spin.

And contrary to what Rdd said...I am not blaming the media for how Romeny said what he said...I am blaming the media for not givingh it the same type of coverage they gave the Obama situation....and we all know that the majority of the voiters base their decisions on what they hear in the media...very few are interested in politics as we are.

Now...that being said...this is an election about two completely different ideologies...

One is big government; government control; programs for the people
The other is small gvernment; free enterpise; programs ONLY for the neediest

Which is best? We both differ with our senitments....but it would be a shame if spin, selective reporting and lies decides this election

" We're going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory some of those loophole were understandable, but in practice, they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing." ~ Ronald Reagan

Forum List

Back