Seems like just Yesterday that Japan was going to Own us...

What the hell are you talking about? Just this morning I walked through a parking and three quarters of the cars were Toyota's or Honda's. I think the people who express self loathing are those who buy foreign because they think they are better. This American buys American, but I reserve the right as an American to speak up.

As far as China is concerned, you'd be better castigating American firms such as Wal-Mart that support this Communist behemoth.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Buy American - Support Yourself – Political Pass
Thumbs up Day – Political Pass

People who were pushing that idea back when wanted to prevent Americans from exercising their rights as consumers to buy better products at cheaper prices.

People are always willing to manufacture a crisis when they can't manufacture anything else that anyone would want to buy.

Actually Hondas are American. Aren't they made in the U.S?
Yes, people buy Japanese cars because they are better built and offer better value. I see no reason to punish consumers for rational behavior.
Although I see that Ford's product ratings are exceeding Toyotas. Did I mention Ford did not take the bail out and recently psoted over $4B in profits?

So we see what happens with gov't intervention: there is no incentive to improve and become more efficient. So companies churn out inferior products at high prices.

Actually Hondas are American. Aren't they made in the U.S?
Yes, people buy Japanese cars because they are better built and offer better value. I see no reason to punish consumers for rational behavior.
Although I see that Ford's product ratings are exceeding Toyotas. Did I mention Ford did not take the bail out and recently psoted over $4B in profits?

So we see what happens with gov't intervention: there is no incentive to improve and become more efficient. So companies churn out inferior products at high prices.

Unfortunately, Ford did not make most of that money from the manufacture of cars. They made it from financing loans. They showed a profit, but they are not listing their losses on bad loans. They have to balance the books eventually.

New Topics

Forum List

Back