Seems Libya didn't consider us as liberators huh?

Yes, it's important to distinguish violence on the part of some from the state-sponsored government actions.

It's a simple matter to take paint all of any party with the same brush--as the rebels have done with condemning all Americans for the actions of the kookie film maker apparently. But its no more correct for us to do it in response and retaliation.

As you say, shit happens.
That having been said...I do think there is a kernel of truth to Grump's comment in this case. I don't think that a YouTube video can set off this sort of violence in two countries; it smacks of organization to me. I'd love to know what the chatter was before the events.

Have you forgotten the violence that resulted from a Danish newspaper publishing cartoons of Mohammed? It doesn't take much to stir up these animals.

Good point. However, coordination on the same day in two cities hundreds of miles apart? Sounds coordinated but not very sophisticated. The former worries me, the latter relieves me because the Tanzania/Nairobi attacks would be the "playbook" for Al Queda.

Only a couple hours after alqaeda released a tape confirming the death of their second in command from MONTHS earlier is when this all went down.

It's clear who our target should be imo

Last edited:
No more War for Oil. That's what the Left/Obamabots used to say anyway. WTF happened to them?

Their boy got his hand on the big red button, so it's all good now. It's not war that most leftists seem to hate, it's war that's not being made to suit their personal values. When the motive for war is something they can sign off on, DROP SOME BOMBS!

Can't blame 'em for that, I suppose. There's motives for which I support violence. Difference is. . . you'll never catch me hiding that fact ;)

Forum List

Back