Seems God has a sense of humour....

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
Seems that God in his infinite wisdom decided to answer all the prayers coming from the focus on the family group regarding rain on Obamas parade [i.e. his outdoor speech during the convention]. It however is this same wisdom which is sending a Cat 3-5 hurricane to the gulf coast to strike somewhere just a day prior to the republican convention... Included in the strike zone is New Orleans... What will we be talking about next week? Republicans or Gustav? So it seems, the old addage is true, you need to be careful what you wish for.... Maybe God doesnt use the judeo christian calendar...

Focus on the Family has pulled a video from it’s web site that asks people to pray for “rain of biblical proportions” during Barack Obama’s Aug. 28 appearance at Invesco Field at Mile High to accept the Democratic nomination for president.
Stuart Shepard is the director of digital media at “Focus Action”, the political arm of Focus on the Family. He wrote and starred in “Pray for Rain” which was suppose to be all in fun.
It was intended to be one of Shepard’s weekly video commentaries that appear on Focus Action’s web site. All of Shepard’s videos are tongue-in-cheek or “snarky” as we like to say here at RightPundits! In them, he examines political issues from the conservative Christian viewpoint of Focus Action.
“Pray for Rain,” which lasted less than three minutes, shows a lighthearted Shepard at Invesco Field asking viewers to pray for “torrential” rain during Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention.
Pray For Rain during Obama’s Speech: Focus on the Family Right Pundits

Forecasters: Gustav could soon be Category 2 hurricane - CNN.com

Seems that God in his infinite wisdom decided to answer all the prayers coming from the focus on the family group regarding rain on Obamas parade [i.e. his outdoor speech during the convention]. It however is this same wisdom which is sending a Cat 3-5 hurricane to the gulf coast to strike somewhere just a day prior to the republican convention... Included in the strike zone is New Orleans... What will we be talking about next week? Republicans or Gustav? So it seems, the old addage is true, you need to be careful what you wish for.... Maybe God doesnt use the judeo christian calendar...

Pray For Rain during Obama’s Speech: Focus on the Family Right Pundits

Forecasters: Gustav could soon be Category 2 hurricane - CNN.com

Pat Robertson told me that Katrina was caused by gay rights, and all this time I thought it was global warming....

You folks are very predictible. Obama must have given you your new marching orders today. This same article has been posted on every board I visit. Good thing he's keeping you busy and out of trouble, not playing in traffic or anything.

Whenever I see people blaming...God...or Bush...or whomever...for the disaster in New Orleans, I think to myself...hmmm.....New Orleans has to bury people above ground because it floods so much historically that people determined hundreds of years ago there's NO POINT IN BURYING PEOPLE, the water just bops them right up out of the ground again.

How many times has it been essentially razed by water and then risen again?

Maybe it could be moved back a few miles..but then, who would the libs blame when natural, predictable forces of nature take place?

Maybe it could be moved back a few miles..but then, who would the libs blame when natural, predictable forces of nature take place?

You and the rest of those compassionate conservatives who piss off god and make this crap happen.:lol:

Whenever I see people blaming...God...or Bush...or whomever...for the disaster in New Orleans, I think to myself...hmmm.....New Orleans has to bury people above ground because it floods so much historically that people determined hundreds of years ago there's NO POINT IN BURYING PEOPLE, the water just bops them right up out of the ground again.

How many times has it been essentially razed by water and then risen again?

Good job Allie Brownie.. He didnt even know people had amassed at the convention center till what the second or third day.... even after CNN had been reporting on it.. NO federal help showed up until Nagan publically cursed this administration out... Plans devised after the Andrew were not followed. The new post 9/11 fema structure was inadequate... Katrina made Nawlins look like a third world country...

You folks are very predictible. Obama must have given you your new marching orders today. This same article has been posted on every board I visit. Good thing he's keeping you busy and out of trouble, not playing in traffic or anything.

c'mon, I'm the only one that tied the hurricane to focus on the family...

Forum List

Back