Seems awful cold for the "hottest" year on record

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
I still laugh about the global warming last year in Copenhagen. Which never sees snow in December, got frozen solid.

There was talk of a Global warming conference in Rio. I never heard much about it. I would wager the folks in Rio paid the Global warming loons a lot of money to stay away. Rio doesn't know how to deal with snow.

Yep it sure is the hottest year ever...for sure!

Ski Season Begins Early In Europe - Fast Track Ski News

VietNamNet - Cold weather in Hanoi, buffaloes freeze to death in Sapa | Cold weather in Hanoi, buffaloes freeze to death in Sapa

And the reason why you shouldn't really py attention to Chris and his alarmism are these reports that show a whole host of problems with the data collection.

Control for Weather Quality Reporter

I wonder if people understand how widespread weather station data errors are. The IPCC and other organizations want the wealthy nations to pay trillions of dollars but no one is willing to put an audit together to find and correct simple mistakes, let alone reanalyze the massive data massaging done at several different stages of temperature collection>>>international agency redistribution>>>AGW catastropic projection. I won't go as far as to say GIGO (garbage in , garbage out) but mistakes made throughout the process add up to very large uncertainties at the end result.

Well then...since it was cold somewhere that ends the whole bruhaha about global warming, then, doesn't it?

Over twenty volcanos acting up in Indonesia. We might see some real cold weather if one of them does the Krakatoa number. That, and a very strong La Nina.

VietNamNet - Cold weather in Hanoi, buffaloes freeze to death in Sapa | Cold weather in Hanoi, buffaloes freeze to death in Sapa

And the reason why you shouldn't really py attention to Chris and his alarmism are these reports that show a whole host of problems with the data collection.

It's about the gases, if they don't stabilize, warming is inevitable. All the weather reports in the world won't change the fact that GHGs absorb energy and that it has to go somwhere, according to the LAW of Conservation of Energy. That's no "theory", folks!!!

Since you're an expert on skiing in the Alps, glaciers and early season conditions in the Alps; how many early openings have the Alps had in the last 50 years? How many early closings have the Alps had in the last 50 years? How have the glaciers held up in the last 50 years? Most records go back to 1850 in the Alps so I'll make it easy on you and only have you document proof back to 1960.

Temps in the 40s and 50s doesn't seem cold at all!!!

Schladming - Styria Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo! Weather

• Banned

Since you're an expert on skiing in the Alps, glaciers and early season conditions in the Alps; how many early openings have the Alps had in the last 50 years? How many early closings have the Alps had in the last 50 years? How have the glaciers held up in the last 50 years? Most records go back to 1850 in the Alps so I'll make it easy on you and only have you document proof back to 1960.

How old is Otzi? I will go easy on you as his story hasn't been in the news for a while. Oh fine I will just tell you, he is the iceman found in the Italian Alps about 1990 or 91, and he is 5,300 years old. Why am I asking the question....well, you see, he was found when a glacier melted and lo and behold there he was! He was WALKING where a glacier existed for thousands of years. That means 5,300 years ago there was NO glacier there! That means it was WARMER then! Oh...my...gosh! The weather was warmer FIVE THOUSAND YEARS AGO AND THERE WERE NO SUV'S THERE!!!!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

How old is Otzi? I will go easy on you as his story hasn't been in the news for a while. Oh fine I will just tell you, he is the iceman found in the Italian Alps about 1990 or 91, and he is 5,300 years old. Why am I asking the question....well, you see, he was found when a glacier melted and lo and behold there he was! He was WALKING where a glacier existed for thousands of years. That means 5,300 years ago there was NO glacier there! That means it was WARMER then! Oh...my...gosh! The weather was warmer FIVE THOUSAND YEARS AGO AND THERE WERE NO SUV'S THERE!!!!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

You tell us. We're concerned with what's happening now. You can't take the past as a template for the future, if underlying conditions have changed. BTW, how do you know he wasn't walking on top of the glacier when he died? You've shown NOTHING!

You tell us. We're concerned with what's happening now. You can't take the past as a template for the future, if underlying conditions have changed. BTW, how do you know he wasn't walking on top of the glacier when he died? You've shown NOTHING!

The underlying principles of the physical sciences (of which you clearly know nothing) say that what has happened in the past will happen today and will happen tomorrow. We KNOW that CO2 levels were higher and had no effect on the climate. Your buddy olfraud posted a very good link to a study (he clearly had either not read it or didn't understand what it meant) that showed warming occured, the CO2 rose 400 to 800 years after that, then stayed elevated for over 1000 years while the Earth experienced two periods of cooling and warming all while the CO2 levels were high.

That is fact. What have you got? Oh right, you've got computer models that can't recreate what happened seven days ago.

And if Otzi had been on top of the glacier he would have been transported down to the morane and destroyed. But you actually have to know how glaciers work to fathom that.
Otzi was protected as he was wedged into a rock crevice and the glacier passed over him.

If you read the link provided you will find that he was also not alone.

Otzi the Iceman - What have archaeologists learned about Otzi the Iceman

You still haven't explained where the energy that GHGs trap goes. WHY NOT??? I don't care about your irrelevancies. Explain to us why the LAW (no "theory" here) of Conservation of Energy doesn't apply in this case?

Noice strawman and deflection, lmfao!!! Answer my questions!!!!
So you know for a fact that he wasn't walking on snow. Man has walked all over the Alps in the snow. EPIC FAIL!!

The underlying principles of the physical sciences (of which you clearly know nothing) say that what has happened in the past will happen today and will happen tomorrow. We KNOW that CO2 levels were higher and had no effect on the climate. Your buddy olfraud posted a very good link to a study (he clearly had either not read it or didn't understand what it meant) that showed warming occured, the CO2 rose 400 to 800 years after that, then stayed elevated for over 1000 years while the Earth experienced two periods of cooling and warming all while the CO2 levels were high.

That is fact. What have you got? Oh right, you've got computer models that can't recreate what happened seven days ago.

And if Otzi had been on top of the glacier he would have been transported down to the morane and destroyed. But you actually have to know how glaciers work to fathom that.
Otzi was protected as he was wedged into a rock crevice and the glacier passed over him.

WOW, you should really look into your claims fool...Otzi was wearing snow shoes...fool.

Otzi The Iceman - Crystalinks

The shoes were waterproof and wide, seemingly designed for walking across the snow; they were constructed using bearskin for the soles, deer hide for top panels, and a netting made of tree bark. Soft grass went around the foot and in the shoe and functioned like warm socks. The shoes have since been reproduced by experts and found to constitute such excellent footwear that there are plans for commercial production.

Now are you capable of answering my serious questions? Or are you going back to your partisan hack strawman and deflection tactics?

The underlying principles of the physical sciences (of which you clearly know nothing) say that what has happened in the past will happen today and will happen tomorrow. We KNOW that CO2 levels were higher and had no effect on the climate. Your buddy olfraud posted a very good link to a study (he clearly had either not read it or didn't understand what it meant) that showed warming occured, the CO2 rose 400 to 800 years after that, then stayed elevated for over 1000 years while the Earth experienced two periods of cooling and warming all while the CO2 levels were high.That is fact. What have you got? Oh right, you've got computer models that can't recreate what happened seven days ago.

Understood it well enough that I will post the address to it again.

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

Now it is understood that you will lie by ommission, commission, and any other way possible, Walleyes. And it would not take global warming to make Europe warmer for a period, just an increase in the strength of the Gulf Current.

As for the connection of CO2 and temperature, that has been established by real scientists.

A23A

:lol: Global Warming 1922 :lol:

changing-artic_monthly_wx_review.png

Noice strawman and deflection, lmfao!!! Answer my questions!!!!
So you know for a fact that he wasn't walking on snow. Man has walked all over the Alps in the snow. EPIC FAIL!!

Yes indeed man has walked all over the snow that is indeed true, however Otzi was found at an elevation above 3250 meters. Only adventurers travel to that elevation for the most part. In the Alps at this present time the tree line ends at around 2550 meters so he was almost a kilometer higher than the probable tree line...unless the tree line was higher back then due to it being warmer. Otherwise why would anyone be that high?

His shoes were not "snowshoes", they were well adapted to do that job but they were of that shape for the moss etc. that was used to protect the feet like socks do for us. He wore them all the time whether he was on snow or not or do you think he had a magical bag of holding to carry all of his extra clothes and shoes?

Forum List

Back