Seeking information on the 1st Bush administration

MayweatherWBC

Rookie
Mar 29, 2006
Hello all...i am new here and am glad to be here and i need your help. I really need to find as much extensive information on the 1st Bush administration as possible. I need info on all of George HW Bush's policies (esp. foreign policy) and on all of the significant events that took place during his tenure as president ('88-'92). I was very young at that time and knew much, much less about the political arena then than i do now. Please tell me where i can find this information. It would be greatly appreciated.

MayweatherWBC

MayweatherWBC said:
Hello all...i am new here and am glad to be here and i need your help. I really need to find as much extensive information on the 1st Bush administration as possible. I need info on all of George HW Bush's policies (esp. foreign policy) and on all of the significant events that took place during his tenure as president ('88-'92). I was very young at that time and knew much, much less about the political arena then than i do now. Please tell me where i can find this information. It would be greatly appreciated.

MayweatherWBC

Google.

ive googled many times and haven't been able to find anything significant.....ive also tried wikipedia but the info there is very limited.....i guess ill head to a more knowledgeable message board

MayweatherWBC said:
ive googled many times and haven't been able to find anything significant.....ive also tried wikipedia but the info there is very limited.....i guess ill head to a more knowledgeable message board

I'm sure there is one out there that will instruct you, step-by-step, on how to use search engines on the Internet.

Good Luck to you!

MayweatherWBC said:
Or better yet, do your own research work, hell you might even learn something.

MayweatherWBC said:

I just googled, not a problem. Good luck to you. We are here to discuss, not be tech reference points. However, discuss some things, then perhaps you will get some help.

When I google "GHW Bush" I get over 177,000 hits. Nothing significant in 177,000 hits? A more knowledgeable message board?

I smell troll.

MayweatherWBC said:

MayweatherWBC

Here's a list of [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/002-9351015-1261661?url=index%3Dstripbooks%3Arelevance-above&field-keywords=George+H.+W.+Bush&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go]books[/ame] you can read to educate yourself.

Jeff

Mr. P said:
Same here. The signs are there.
1. ask for help.
2. toss an insult.

I figured a lib kid working on end of year paper, not wanting to do his own research. Jeff gave him a list of books, perhaps that sent him away, permanently? :laugh:

Kathianne said:
I figured a lib kid working on end of year paper, not wanting to do his own research. Jeff gave him a list of books, perhaps that sent him away, permanently? :laugh:

He did send this at 8:36 AM.

Probably right before 1st Period.

GotZoom said:
He did send this at 8:36 AM.

Probably right before 1st Period.
He shoulda hit the library instead of the bar over Spring break. ;)

Kathianne said:
He shoulda hit the library instead of the bar over Spring break. ;)

I was just thinking..if he is hungover and is getting involved in the immigration protests (just to miss class) he could be spelling George as Jorge.

About 20,000 results on Google but probably nothing that would help him.

I figured a lib kid working on end of year paper, not wanting to do his own research. Jeff gave him a list of books, perhaps that sent him away, permanently?

-Wow...good insult...did you come up with that all by yourself? FYI im actually a conservative and i have every one of the books you guys have ordered me to get "in order to educate myself,".....but what you fail to realize is that they are almost all personal biographies of George HW Bush, and do not give me the information that i need (info on Bush's ADMINISTRATION, not on HW Bush himself).....and i do realize that when you search for George HW Bush on google that you will get a billion hits, but the fact is that i am not looking for info on George HW Bush,; i want info on his administration ...and no Kathainne or whatever your name is.....i did not spend my spring break at the bars, i spent it on the coast of Mississippi helping to rebuild that devastated area....in fact i don't even drink, but hey, assume all you want. I really don't care. Thanks for the badass insults :cool:

I would like to say thank you to the gentleman or lady who provided me with the link to the Bush library webpage. This is exactly what i needed. Your help is most appreciated.

MayweatherWBC said:
-Wow...good insult...did you come up with that all by yourself? FYI im actually a conservative and i have every one of the books you guys have ordered me to get "in order to educate myself,".....but what you fail to realize is that they are almost all personal biographies of George HW Bush, and do not give me the information that i need (info on Bush's ADMINISTRATION, not on HW Bush himself).....and i do realize that when you search for George HW Bush on google that you will get a billion hits, but the fact is that i am not looking for info on George HW Bush,; i want info on his administration ...and no Kathainne or whatever your name is.....i did not spend my spring break at the bars, i spent it on the coast of Mississippi helping to rebuild that devastated area....in fact i don't even drink, but hey, assume all you want. I really don't care. Thanks for the badass insults :cool:

So you were working on your term paper and wanted others to do your research. Good for you. Glad MB decided to help you out. You really do need to learn to do advanced Google or scholar google searches. :baby4:

Forum List

Back