Seeding oceans with iron could help limit global warming

I see.

340 billion tons.

Hmm

Are you sure that's the right number cause that's see awfully large to me?

This is actually an interesting part of the warmer litany here.. The theory is that ocean only absorbs 6 to 8 billions of man-made CO2 per year. THAT is the presumed cause of OA. The rest of man-made contributions either reside in the atmos. and a small fraction is absorbed by net terrestrial sinks.

So any calculations of OA attributed to man is based on the smaller number of 6 to 8 billionTons (of CO2 NOT carbon -- an important distinction that Trakar is not rigorous about). This is a tiny fraction of the 360 billion tons that is recycled from terrestrial and ocean SOURCES. The ocean alone is recycling about 140 billion tons/yr.

About 5% of the total ocean CO2 cycle is attributed to man-made CO2. Not termite-made CO2 mind you. (The ocean prefers to eat our CO2 for some dam reason that only the IPCC can explain -- otherwise we'd be doing yearly census on termite populations)

And our ability to measure that small number accurately to within a few percent determines the validity of the theory.

Also gives you an idea of what damage we might do if we DID try to attempt to increase the ocean sink by seeding it. Would be far safer to just plant trees and get a net 10% increase in terrestrial CO2 sinking..

Termites eat wood. Wood is renewable. My home gets eaten by termites, I need a new home, which means more trees have to be grown to make the wood for my home - taking the CO2 out of the air that the termites put in.

Termites cause Global Warming?

Was that in "the Onion" too?

/\ /\ . . . retards are like termites. But termites are probably smarter, than CrosstardPunk.

I see.

340 billion tons.

Hmm

Are you sure that's the right number cause that's see awfully large to me?

This is actually an interesting part of the warmer litany here.. The theory is that ocean only absorbs 6 to 8 billions of man-made CO2 per year. THAT is the presumed cause of OA. The rest of man-made contributions either reside in the atmos. and a small fraction is absorbed by net terrestrial sinks.

So any calculations of OA attributed to man is based on the smaller number of 6 to 8 billionTons (of CO2 NOT carbon -- an important distinction that Trakar is not rigorous about). This is a tiny fraction of the 360 billion tons that is recycled from terrestrial and ocean SOURCES. The ocean alone is recycling about 140 billion tons/yr.

About 5% of the total ocean CO2 cycle is attributed to man-made CO2. Not termite-made CO2 mind you. (The ocean prefers to eat our CO2 for some dam reason that only the IPCC can explain -- otherwise we'd be doing yearly census on termite populations)

And our ability to measure that small number accurately to within a few percent determines the validity of the theory.

Also gives you an idea of what damage we might do if we DID try to attempt to increase the ocean sink by seeding it. Would be far safer to just plant trees and get a net 10% increase in terrestrial CO2 sinking..

Termites eat wood. Wood is renewable. My home gets eaten by termites, I need a new home, which means more trees have to be grown to make the wood for my home - taking the CO2 out of the air that the termites put in.

That logic is just sooo ------

Juvenile..

As tho the CO2 that termites emit (some 6-8 bil-ton/yr) from eating dead wood is totally natural and justified by their generous reforestation efforts. I've walked the woods where termites have labored to restore the forest -- and they do a SUPERB job of planting and nuturing. :D But what man produces from dead carbon is evil..

Gotta laugh at the concept of CO2 sinks increasing because of termites. Kinda like that math for biomass conversion power production that gives it a total Carbon Neutral pass -- even tho -- the same forests or plant crop existed there before. It's mangled math and logic and TOTALLY natural for the faux environuts to repeat like parrots and smooth over their guilt complex for existing..

Forum List

Back