See this is how its done. Gary Glitter faces death for Sex with 12 year old...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWA16729271132552939A00?source=PA Feed&ct=5

Glitter may face firing squad death
21 November 2005

Disgraced Seventies rock star Gary Glitter could face death by firing squad after he was accused of having sex with a girl aged just 12, police said.

Sexual intercourse with a 12-year old regardless of whether there is consent is still considered rape under Vietnamese law, with a maximum penalty of death before a firing squad, according to the police.

The revelations come after two girls, aged 12 and 18 years old, told the police they had sex with the former singer - real name Paul Francis Gadd - at his rented home in the southern resort of Vung Tau in Vietnam.

There were conflicting reports that the second girl had not yet turned 18. Under Vietnamese law, sexual contact with a minor carries varying degrees of penalties, depending on the charge.

"Obscene acts with a child" can lead to up to 12 years in prison while child rape carries the maximum penalty of death before a firing squad.

"Having sex with a 12-year-old girl, regardless of whether he had her consent, is still considered child rape under Vietnamese law," a police officer said.

The 61-year-old former singer was arrested on Saturday at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City as he tried to flee the country. He left his rented home in Vung Tau a week ago amid allegations about his relationships with two teenage girls.

Glitter has been taken back to Vung Tau for further investigation by the police. He has not been charged with any crime but remains in custody at a jail outside the coastal city, police said.

Vung Tau police said they were continuing to investigate the case and will be questioning him further. The case has been highly publicised in the state-controlled media, which had reported that Glitter was seen in Vung Tau with several teenage girls, whom he invited to his home, since moving to the area in March.

Thanh Nien (Youth) newspaper reported today that the two girls were invited to Glitter's home, where he paid them for sex. The 12-year-old told police she had sex three times with Glitter, who paid her £5.50 each time, the paper said.

Thats about $7. The Vietnamese have it right. Why not here?

As I said in a related thread.... I'll bet it'll put an end to his bad habit! (ya think?)

Perhaps it's a bit extreme i.e. making pedophilia a capital offense, but the main idea is right.... pedophiles are a threat to society, and pedophilia can become an epidemic. They must be contained, just like Bubonic Plague, Ebola or Smallpox. If you don't, then their victims will likely grow up to molest children, and when will it end?

So, you either kill them or put them in prisons for the rest of their days. Since we're a compassionate society, we should opt for the latter, although, the former method is attractive. Killing them is cheaper and satisfies the desire for revenge for the victims and their families.

Still, the idea that prisons are overcrowded and that we must somehow reform them is ludicrous. If prisons are overcrowded, then build more prisons. You can't reform these people. We owe it to our kids, and our descendants to put these people out of circulation.

Hey ... the Vietnamese government already knows it... let's learn a lesson from them, even if they are a bunch of no good filthy commie bastards.

whats it cost to house a prisoner for a year? 20-30k? now if its a life sentence (real life sentence) take that times what... 40 years?
now whats a .357 cost for a box? 20.00? do the math

The point is that the Vietnamese recognize a difference between inappropriate contact and SEX with a minor. One is a jailable offense and the other is punished with death. We need a new system that is clear what the penalties are so that innocent people or people that have committed lesser crimes are not lumped in with those that rape children (or have sex with them as im sure this was consenual but she was freakin 12).

They recognize that trying to track them when they are out of jail is ridiculous because of the money and man hours needed to go through with it. Im sure they werent worried about his personal freedoms as i worry about with the stupid laws we have for sex offenders. Here's how i'd do it.

Rape of a child (has to be proven rape, not "i was drunk and dont remmeber so yea i think he raped me."):
14 and under = death
15-17 = life in prison, death (depending on circumstances)

Sex with a minor
12 and under = life in prison if the offender is 18 or older
14-17 = Life in prison if the offender 30 or older

Molestation (any kind of sexual activity other than sex but NOT rubbing against someone in a store or any of that crap.)
12 and under = Life in prison
14-17 = Depending on circumstances (taking advantage of the child, not consentual) no less then 15 years and upwards to 40 years in prison.

Anything else is too ambiguous to delegate without infringing on honest people's rights.

So anyone care to tell me who the heck Gary Glitter is?

You would know his hit, Rock and Roll Part 2 if you hear it. It's an all instrumental song, except for the occasionally shouted word "hey". It was a big hit many years ago, and I still hear it every week at high school football games.

Some of these "less-advanced" countries are far more advanced when it comes to crime and punishment than we are. Which is why, in some cases, the number of occurences of said crime are a lot less.

Singapore - death penalty for drug trafficking.

Viet Nam - death penalty for Gary Glitter's situation.

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin joke. Want to get stop illegal parking? The death penalty. Sure it is extreme. But only a couple of people would die because once everyone else saw the government was serious, no one would do it.

Abbey Normal said:
You would know his hit, Rock and Roll Part 2 if you hear it. It's an all instrumental song, except for the occasionally shouted word "hey". It was a big hit many years ago, and I still hear it every week at high school football games.

He does that song? Damn talk about a 1 hit wonder. Actually since he doesnt even sing, thats like a half a hit wonder.

The new version:

da da da Da - Da - Da FIRE!

da da da da

da da da Da - Da - Da FIRE!

da da da da

insein said:
He does that song? Damn talk about a 1 hit wonder. Actually since he doesnt even sing, thats like a half a hit wonder.
wouldnt it be a two hit wonder? well the second hit is going to make him a little more infamous though. will be three if he gets the DP

Forum List

Back