See, the media isn't all run by libs!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
—Republican media strategist Roger Ailes launched Fox News Channel in 1996, ostensibly as a "fair and balanced" counterpoint to what he regarded as the liberal establishment media. But according to a remarkable document buried deep within the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, the intellectual forerunner for Fox News was a nakedly partisan 1970 plot by Ailes and other Nixon aides to circumvent the "prejudices of network news" and deliver "pro-administration" stories to heartland television viewers.
The memo—called, simply enough, "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"— is included in a 318-page cache of documents detailing Ailes' work for both the Nixon and George H.W. Bush administrations that we obtained from the Nixon and Bush presidential libraries. Through his firms REA Productions and Ailes Communications, Inc., Ailes served as paid consultant to both presidents in the 1970s and 1990s, offering detailed and shrewd advice ranging from what ties to wear to how to keep the pressure up on Saddam Hussein in the run-up to the first Gulf War.
See, that's fair and balanced, eh?

You have a choice, to watch or not to watch, just like the other media outlets. But to say Fox News doesn't have an agenda is like saying Keith Olbermann is a right winger.

Roger Ailes' Secret Nixon-Era Blueprint for Fox News

—Republican media strategist Roger Ailes launched Fox News Channel in 1996, ostensibly as a "fair and balanced" counterpoint to what he regarded as the liberal establishment media. But according to a remarkable document buried deep within the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, the intellectual forerunner for Fox News was a nakedly partisan 1970 plot by Ailes and other Nixon aides to circumvent the "prejudices of network news" and deliver "pro-administration" stories to heartland television viewers.
The memo—called, simply enough, "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"— is included in a 318-page cache of documents detailing Ailes' work for both the Nixon and George H.W. Bush administrations that we obtained from the Nixon and Bush presidential libraries. Through his firms REA Productions and Ailes Communications, Inc., Ailes served as paid consultant to both presidents in the 1970s and 1990s, offering detailed and shrewd advice ranging from what ties to wear to how to keep the pressure up on Saddam Hussein in the run-up to the first Gulf War.

You have a choice, to watch or not to watch, just like the other media outlets. But to say Fox News doesn't have an agenda is like saying Keith Olbermann is a right winger.

So, it took them 26 years to get their devious and cunning plan off the ground? Seriously? :lol:

Honestly, I don't care - I don't regularly watch Fox... but.... it does seem to me that every time I do watch, they have both liberals and conservatives on discussions. That seems balanced to me. However, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they employ more right wing commentators than left wing. I have no doubt that Fox spins for the right more often than not.

But it is no different in that regard than MSNBC, CNN, etc are all tanked for the left. One station leans right. Is that honestly such a huge deal to the left? Why can't the left ever just shut the fuck up and watch what they choose to watch and let others do likewise?

Man, the left are a whiny bunch of control freaks when it comes to media.

Libs? I thought it was run by the Joos...

According to Sunni Man and his ilk it is............

It's really run by the Illuminati........:eusa_shhh:

Oooo... I like the Illuminati, they're scary...
eyes.jpg

So, it took them 26 years to get their devious and cunning plan off the ground? Seriously? :lol:

Honestly, I don't care - I don't regularly watch Fox... but.... it does seem to me that every time I do watch, they have both liberals and conservatives on discussions. That seems balanced to me. However, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they employ more right wing commentators than left wing. I have no doubt that Fox spins for the right more often than not.

But it is no different in that regard than MSNBC, CNN, etc are all tanked for the left. One station leans right. Is that honestly such a huge deal to the left? Why can't the left ever just shut the fuck up and watch what they choose to watch and let others do likewise?

Just saying to those that say the media is all "left wing" biased that there is a choice for the 'right wing'

Where did I say anyone shouldn't watch what they want?

It's an interesting article.

Just saying to those that say the media is all "left wing" biased that there is a choice for the 'right wing'

Where did I say anyone shouldn't watch what they want?

It's an interesting article.

Basically, they spotted a gap in the market and filled it. Smart. But, whichever way you slice it.... the vast majority of the MSM leans left.

Never said all. I say most. Fox News is very rare. One of they very few Media Outlets that doesn't lean far Left/Democrat. That's why they've been so successful. There's just not many alternatives to the Liberal Press out there. They found a niche and have been very successful. And that niche will not be going away. The MSM seems to slant further & further Left/Democrat everyday. So Fox News will be around for a very very long time. I know the Left/Democrats hate that but it is the reality.

Last edited:
And not all are Liberal necessarily. Most are Pro-Democrat/Anti-Republican though. There's no disputing that. Fox News is the exception to the rule for sure.

Seems to me that libs are all embarassed by how many people tune in to conservative media. Be it internet sites, talk radio, or cable tv. The numbers don't lie. Back in the old days, when the television set was the only place to go, and no one realy knew how many people were watching, the ratings could be managed by the 3 gorillas in the room.

Now there is cable, where they can measure, instead of guess. There is the internet, where they can micro-measure, instead of guess. Radio listeners can also be more accurately counted using the internet.

Technology is a wonderful thing.

Addendum; Thank you Al Gore.

Last edited:
Fox isn't really "right wing". It's owned by foreigners. Australians and Saudi Arabians.
The Australians see unrest as really profitable. They are not necessarily "anti-American". The Saudis, on the other hand, are probably very anti-American. So these two are obviously working together but towards different ends. One to keep the unrest up so the money keeps flowing, the other to damage America as much as they can get away with.

The people working at Fox knows who signs their paychecks. Look at Hannity. Making money off of soldiers misery. He totally represents Fox employees.

Fox leads in everything...how is it a "liberal media". We all know fox is anti liberal yet somehow they are fair and balanced..but that is a different fight...lets stick with how its a LIBERAL MEDIA yet fox has the best ratings.

Anyone want to tackle this? Anyone?

Forum List

Back