See Something, Say Something: New York City Versus Arizona

Mexicans = terrorists?

:confused:

Muslims do not equal terrorists

Mexicans do not equal terrorists

Illegals and Islamic extremists = terrorsts.

Nah man illegals aren't terrorists (well i mean some people here illegally are terrorists but the vast majority of illegal immigrants aren't terrorists)

They are all criminials since they broke our immigration laws. That being said if I lived in mexico with my family I would seriously consider hopping the border to be able to provide my family with food and shelter.

That doesn't make it right to do but I do understand why many of the workers do it.

Immigration violations are a civil misdemeanor. Why anyone would attempt to equate that with terrorism is beyond comprehension.

But it sounds like an excellent platform for Republicans to run on.

:thup:

Mexicans = terrorists?

:confused:

Nah man illegals aren't terrorists (well i mean some people here illegally are terrorists but the vast majority of illegal immigrants aren't terrorists)

They are all criminials since they broke our immigration laws. That being said if I lived in mexico with my family I would seriously consider hopping the border to be able to provide my family with food and shelter.

That doesn't make it right to do but I do understand why many of the workers do it.

Illegals undermine the economy and laws of this nation. That is destruction of our country and falls well within the definition of terrorism.

Illegals undermine the economy and laws of this nation. That is destruction of our country and falls well within the definition of terrorism.

•the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

I dont think it fits man....lets just agree to disagree on that one.

The propensity for profiling, which they already do despite what they say, is very, very high. I guarantee you that ordinances on loitering, too many cars in the yard, sound ordinance complaints etc. will rise sharply and result in a lot of deportation. And while those kind of violations are very petty, and pathetic excuses to detain and question someone they may well be the best tools law enforcement can use to enforce this law.

Sorry, but I'm not as tolerant toward criminals as most people are. And if legal citizens get inconvenienced by having to show a driver's license when driving a car, I think it's well worth it in order to help the authorities do their jobs. So you're basically complaining that if a police officer investigates a crime, even a petty one, and determines that some people are here illegally, he should apoligize for investigating a mere noise ordinance?

And this bunk about profiling is just that. If I went to some country where I was an immigrant and looked significantly different from those indiginous to the area, I would EXPECT that my ID would be checked, and I'd have it with me. Especially if this country had a big problem with illegal immigration from my home country. I sure as hell wouldn't argue that I was being descriminated against by them checking. Whose ID do you THINK they should check?

See Something, Say Something: New York City Versus Arizona

Arizona passed an immigration law that is clearly unconstitutional and now seeks to enforce that law independently of the feds. The NYPD worked with the feds to enforce existing law.

Then the fed law is unconstitutional as the AZ law mirrors federal law. The same fed law that was not being enforced.
These 2 questions have yet to be answered as the correct answer proves the AZ law mirrors the fed law:

1. What can any Arizona law enforcement official do under the Arizona immigration law that a federal law enforcement official cannot already do?

2. What requirement does the Arizona law place on any non-citizen living in Arizona that federal law does already not place on any non-citizen living elsewhere in the United States?
My point is that Arizona does not have the constitutional authority to make immigration laws. That power is reserved for the federal government. The details of the law are irrelevant. I agree the feds are not getting the job done, but this not the way to correct the problem.

Quick question for y'all.............do you think that the Russian spy ring out East would have been caught under the Arizona law?

Some of those people were here illegally............

And let's not forget, the majority of terrorists that did attacks here were here LEGALLY under visas.

Quick question for y'all.............do you think that the Russian spy ring out East would have been caught under the Arizona law?

Some of those people were here illegally............

And let's not forget, the majority of terrorists that did attacks here were here LEGALLY under visas.

If they had driver's liscenses then they would not have been caught. If they didn't then possibly.

Forum List

Back