See i told you Moore is a liar...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040512/media_disney_moore_3.html

UPDATE - Weinsteins, Disney near deal on "Fahrenheit 9/11"
Wednesday May 12, 7:43 pm ET

(Recasts, adds Disney comment, background)
LOS ANGELES, May 12 (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS - News) and the co-chiefs of Miramax Films are near a deal that would allow director Michael Moore to find a new distributor for his controversial documentary, "Fahrenheit 9/11," company officials said on Wednesday.

Disney, Miramax's parent company, had refused to release the film that chronicles America's reaction to the Sept. 11 attacks and links U.S. President George W. Bush's family and prominent Saudis that include the family of Osama bin Laden.

The film is set to premiere at the Cannes film festival, which began on Wednesday in the French Riviera city.

Miramax spokesman Matthew Hiltzik said Disney had agreed to sell rights to Moore's film to Miramax co-chief executives Harvey Weinstein and his brother Bob Weinstein, who could then go out and find a new distributor.

A Disney spokeswoman, however, characterized the parties as still being in negotiations.

"We are very happy that Disney has agreed to sell 'Fahrenheit 9/11' to Bob and Harvey," Hiltzik said in a statement. "Bob and Harvey look forward to promptly completing this transaction."

Said Disney spokeswoman Zenia Mucha: "Disney has offered to sell Miramax's interest in the film to either a third party or Harvey and Bob."

Hiltzik said the terms offered by the Weinsteins were similar to a 1999 deal for the movie "Dogma," in which director Kevin Smith challenged Catholic doctrines, raising the ire of some church groups.

In that arrangement, the Weinsteins bought the rights to "Dogma" from Miramax with Disney's agreement, and then signed their own deal to have independent film company Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (Toronto:LGF.TO - News) release the movie to theaters.

Disney's decision, which it said it had made a full year ago, spurred headlines last week when Moore, the filmmaker behind 2002's Oscar-winning "Bowling for Columbine," went public with the comapny's refusal to distribute his film.

A spokesman for Moore said he was not immediately available to comment

Yep Disney sure is censoring him all right. Fucking tub of shit.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
Dogma is one of my favorite alltime movies. Though it is just a movie, it actually makes you THINK. I actually think that KS & co. had a real good point in the movie. And I am a Christian. Not a super active one, but my beliefs are there.

I love the big disclaimer at the begining. Im a catholic albeit not a very practiced one. But i found the movie funny. People need to lighten up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back