See how your Rep voted

Udall (CO) is taking a beating as a liberal around here. He's playing safe.

Trancredo is a disappointment.

I have been searching for the roll call and I came up with this same link at a few news websites, but I can't get the actual site to load because the server was so busy.

Did you notice the description seems to be the incorrect bill???

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 674
(Democrats in roman; Republicans in italic; Independents underlined)

H R 3997 RECORDED VOTE 29-Sep-2008 2:07 PM
QUESTION: On Concurring in Senate Amendment With An Amendment
BILL TITLE: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes

Ayes Noes PRES NV
Democratic 140 95
Republican 65 133 1
Independent
TOTALS 205 228 1

I have been searching for the roll call and I came up with this same link at a few news websites, but I can't get the actual site to load because the server was so busy.

Did you notice the description seems to be the incorrect bill???

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 674
(Democrats in roman; Republicans in italic; Independents underlined)

BILL TITLE: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes

Ayes Noes PRES NV
Democratic 140 95
Republican 65 133 1
Independent
TOTALS 205 228 1

hmmm. i got the link from the boston globes homepage. date and time look good, as do the vote totals. but the description is odd

Mine voted yes. Is it the correct bill?

Seems like they linked one Bill to the other?

This is what I found:

H.R.3997
Title: An Act to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax relief and protections for military personnel, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 10/30/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.884, H.RES.1517
Latest Major Action: 9/29/2008 Resolving differences -- House actions. Status: Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 1517, the House moved to agree to the Senate amendment to the House amendment to the Senate amendment with an amendment.
House Reports: 110-426

Note: According to the House Majority Leader, H.R.3997 will be used as the vehicle for the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. See documents on the House Financial Services Committee website and H.Res.1517 on the House Rules Committee website.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll674.xml

Mine split - Rick Larsen is dead meat and Jay Inslee will get my vote when he is up for re-election.

Thanks so much for the link!

-Joe

Maybe not? But I am sure they will get one up very quickly if this isn't it.

Seems like they linked one Bill to the other?

This is what I found:

H.R.3997
Title: An Act to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax relief and protections for military personnel, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 10/30/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.884, H.RES.1517
Latest Major Action: 9/29/2008 Resolving differences -- House actions. Status: Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 1517, the House moved to agree to the Senate amendment to the House amendment to the Senate amendment with an amendment.
House Reports: 110-426

Note: According to the House Majority Leader, H.R.3997 will be used as the vehicle for the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. See documents on the House Financial Services Committee website and H.Res.1517 on the House Rules Committee website.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll674.xml

Great, more deliberate confusion. Whoever voted against this Bill also voted against providing tax relief and protections for military personnel??? :cuckoo:

Ralph Regula voted for the bailout, and he's retiring so he doesn't need my vote. Phone calls, e-mails and what not do not work on this man. What a punk.

Ok, well, I'm confused. I sent an e-mail to my rep who voted for it, telling him to refrain from voting for one in the future.

I am pleasantly suprised. My Rep voted NO.

I recently moved back to Eastern Washington after being away for over 20 years. After nearly that long in Western Washington, I had almost forgotten that this side of the state is far less liberal than Seattle and the rest of Western Washington.

Finally, I don't feel like an ugly duckling among swans anymore!

Forum List

Back