See energy expert Dr. Daniel Fine on "Shale Gas Wars: From Pennsylvania to N.C."

Bluewill

Rookie
Mar 19, 2012
Nearly 40 years ago, when the first oil price shock from the Middle East and OPEC disrupted the American economy, North Carolina and Appalachia briefly became an oil and gas frontier. Following geological investigations, Chevron drilled an exploratory well in the Deep River Basin beneath Lee County, N.C. Oil was discovered at 5,000 feet, but it contained excessive paraffin and Chevron plugged the well.

It remains there today as a new natural gas and oil technology has emerged: the capability of opening tight rock formations or shale through hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling.

Why is North Carolina not yet a site for drilling rigs, mud and service companies? Why is there shale gas exploration and production in the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and on different rock formations in Arkansas, Texas and in the Rocky Mountains?

The answer is political.

Google News & Observer + Daniel Fine + potential bounty for North Carolina to see complete article

New state political leadership is prepared to change this and create the necessary government authority and institutions to issue permits, regulate and manage the economic benefits for people of North Carolina.

Here's hoping. :thup:

To be able to produce shale gas, one must first have shale gas.

There is no mention in the article of anyone finding shale gas in North Carolina.

In this video and podcast, renowned Energy expert Dr. Daniel Fine speaks on the geopolitics of shale Gas, the 2012 elections, and Hydraulic fracturing. In doing so, Dr. Fine successfully takes on the opposition to energy independence for the United States...

Dr. Daniel I. Fine works with the New Mexico Center for Energy Policy. He is a longtime research associate at the Mining and Minerals Resources Institute, MIT. Fine is also a policy adviser on non conventional oil and gas. He is co-editor of Resource War in 3-D: Dependence, Diplomacy and Defense, and has contributed to Business Week, the Engineering and Mining Journal and the Washington Times. Fine has testified on strategic natural resources before the U.S. Senate committees on Foreign Affairs and Energy and Natural Resources. In this speech, he discusses "Shale Gas Wars: From Pennsylvania to North Carolina." Google podcast TV and Daniel Fine for video now!

In this video and podcast, renowned Energy expert Dr. Daniel Fine speaks on the geopolitics of shale Gas, the 2012 elections, and Hydraulic fracturing. In doing so, Dr. Fine successfully takes on the opposition to energy independence for the United States...

You know, I've been around and in and studying the energy business for multiple decades now, and haven't heard of this guy. How much "renowned" does it take to make up for, lack of experience in the field?

You know, I've been around and in and studying the energy business for multiple decades now, and haven't heard of this guy. How much "renowned" does it take to make up for, lack of experience in the field?

He's in practice with Dr. Howard and Dr. Howard...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53KcqITIPlA]Three stooges Dr Howard Dr Fine Dr Howard - YouTube[/ame]

You guys are paid idiots, right? Do you even know how to use GOOGLE?

You guys are paid idiots, right? Do you even know how to use GOOGLE?

That's "Mr. paid idiot" to you, pal.

Google? Hell, I Googled your ass back in March.

Be afraid. Be vewy afwaid.

Oh Please!!! Do tell (PM me?) I'd be VERY VERY disappointed if there really really wasn't a Mining and Minerals Resources Institute @ MIT.. And if this was a complete fraud, I'd be crushed like a grape harvest..

Now I remember you guys! You ran away when I looked hard at your 990'S what a web of lies and deceits I found! Who are you, anyway?

Now I remember you guys! You ran away when I looked hard at your 990'S what a web of lies and deceits I found! Who are you, anyway?

Oh I assure you -- my 990 is in perfect working order.. I haven't recieved a DIME for all the misinformation and deceit I've corrected on this board..
:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

So you got a link to the Mining and Minerals Institute at MIT???

If your 990's are truly in order you can tell us all who you really are, right? but because you cannot tell us why believe anything you say? For someone self-appointed to correct misinformation you surely can start with identifying yourself? I think you do not care who supports you (right or left)! either way until you tell us who gives you money you really have no credibility talking about energy issues!

No body pays me to be informed and take an ACTIVE interests in science and ecology.. And no body cares more about baby bunnies than I do....

Want to have a go on what I know? fine.. My bet is YOU get paid to have an opinion. Am I right?

Forum List

Back