Security failure at America's airports

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Homeland Security officials confirmed to Fox News earlier Monday that TSA screeners failed 67 out of 70 tests -- or 96 percent -- carried out by special Department of Homeland Security investigators known as "red teams."

Acting TSA head reassigned after watchdog report reveals airport security failings Fox News

You always wanted to bring guns and explosives on board? Now you've got a chance to do so. Actually, you always had a chance to do so but now it is obvious. Airport security is doing nothing to prevent real acts of terrorism.
On the other hand, a Muslim woman was refused an unopened can because she could 'use it as a weapon'. Bravo.

A Muslim Female Passenger Is Alleging Racist Treatment On Board A United Airlines Flight - BuzzFeed News

I tried to take an RPG as a carry on and they said, "he's white, he's cool. Let him on the plane to sleep it off"

Homeland Security officials confirmed to Fox News earlier Monday that TSA screeners failed 67 out of 70 tests -- or 96 percent -- carried out by special Department of Homeland Security investigators known as "red teams."

Acting TSA head reassigned after watchdog report reveals airport security failings Fox News

You always wanted to bring guns and explosives on board? Now you've got a chance to do so. Actually, you always had a chance to do so but now it is obvious. Airport security is doing nothing to prevent real acts of terrorism.
On the other hand, a Muslim woman was refused an unopened can because she could 'use it as a weapon'. Bravo.

A Muslim Female Passenger Is Alleging Racist Treatment On Board A United Airlines Flight - BuzzFeed News
Anything Obama touches soon turns to shit.

My nephew filled out his EZ form and mailed it in back in January and he's still waiting on his refund.

First of all isn't it a great breach in security to release this information? Why would someone who is concerned with safety tell the world that we are not safe at all, that a bomb is easy to sneak onto a plane. Although it has not happened in years.

Does the person being Muslim have anything to do with trying to board a plane with an unopened can?

I have seen these security exercises at nuclear plants. Security is usually breached but it is by a ninja like Special Forces person which I do believe would be near impossible to keep out, if dedicated.

I am thinking that this is just like everything in the country, security is a pain in the ass to those who have no interest in doing anything wrong. Meanwhile those who would do harm can skirt the system.

It's not only airports. It's our ports, borders, and infrastructure.

they can not find guns and explosives, but they sure can find peoples balls and tits :up:

First of all isn't it a great breach in security to release this information? Why would someone who is concerned with safety tell the world that we are not safe at all, that a bomb is easy to sneak onto a plane. Although it has not happened in years.

Does the person being Muslim have anything to do with trying to board a plane with an unopened can?

I have seen these security exercises at nuclear plants. Security is usually breached but it is by a ninja like Special Forces person which I do believe would be near impossible to keep out, if dedicated.

I am thinking that this is just like everything in the country, security is a pain in the ass to those who have no interest in doing anything wrong. Meanwhile those who would do harm can skirt the system.
This has been common knowledge for awhile. TSA isn't there to protect you. No doubt this will inspire calls to raise their budget so they can improve

Anything Obama touches soon turns to shit.

My nephew filled out his EZ form and mailed it in back in January and he's still waiting on his refund.

what else could you expect from a guy who is in the process of fundamentally transforming America

Know a guy who's a TSA at our airport. He frequently tells me of guns, knives, and other stuff they confiscate and recently the media had their annual TSA show and tell featuring a table full of stuff they've intercepted.

So either that's a made up dog and pony show, or they are stopping a lot of stuff but obviously not all if these reports are true.

I was thinking about the same thing actually. Releasing sensitive data and telling the world we are not prepared to protect our citizens from terrorists is a huge mistake, to my mind. On the other hand, in democratic societies information is shared with the public, no matter how sensitive and secrete it is. Not all of it, of course, but still...

Please read the following to article to understand what a discriminated Muslim woman has to do with airport security: Muslim Cleric Denied Unopened Soda on United Flight Because She Could Use it as a Weapon on the Plane Alternet
In a nutshell, this woman was refused an unopened can on board. When she asked a flight attendant to bring one, she was told it is against security requirements. While at the same time a white male, sitting next to her received and unopened can of beer. She was later verbally attacked by this man and flight attendant. The reason, I believe, is quite obvious.

Know a guy who's a TSA at our airport. He frequently tells me of guns, knives, and other stuff they confiscate and recently the media had their annual TSA show and tell featuring a table full of stuff they've intercepted.

So either that's a made up dog and pony show, or they are stopping a lot of stuff but obviously not all if these reports are true.

Why do you think the whole story is made up? Simply because one of your friends told you TSA confiscates a lot of knives and guns?
I am sure those weapons are usually simply forgotten in bags and suitcases. In this country you are allowed to posses guns and sometimes people forget that security regulations on board differ significantly.
When a person has a reason to hide explosives and guns he will find a way to do so.

Knives and guns are easy to detect using special hardware. I wonder how much cocaine is being transported in each route. Explosives are easy to transport in the same way. They consider their work only as work but not providing security for the society.

Forum List

Back