Security concern

Feb 28, 2009
Missed in all the analysis and punditry about Chavez giving Obama that book, I was pretty alarmed because my wonder is -- was it inspected by the Secret Service first? Or was it a surprise gift, as reported? Obama seemed genuinely surprised to get that gift, was that an act?

Are we to believe a ruthless dictator, an anti-American despot, self-sworn enemy of the US, Chavez -- simply walked up to Obama and gave him a surprise gift of a book without anyone checking it for anthrax, other poisons, explosives, etc? Or if any other foreign leader did the same, for that matter? I can't remember seeing or hearing of anything like this before.

Was the book inspected in advance? If so, why the act of surprise? If not, why the hell not? If the SS looked it over, inspected it, it wasn't a surprise. And Obama also could have told them to tell him, "no thanks" at that time or even better, accepted the gift in private not in front of the cameras.

I wonder what really happened there. I don't like MY President no matter who he is, getting "surprises" from anyone outside his cadre or family.

Musings...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Missed in all the analysis and punditry about Chavez giving Obama that book, I was pretty alarmed because my wonder is -- was it inspected by the Secret Service first? Or was it a surprise gift, as reported? Obama seemed genuinely surprised to get that gift, was that an act?

Are we to believe a ruthless dictator, an anti-American despot, self-sworn enemy of the US, Chavez -- simply walked up to Obama and gave him a surprise gift of a book without anyone checking it for anthrax, other poisons, explosives, etc? Or if any other foreign leader did the same, for that matter? I can't remember seeing or hearing of anything like this before.

Was the book inspected in advance? If so, why the act of surprise? If not, why the hell not? If the SS looked it over, inspected it, it wasn't a surprise. And Obama also could have told them to tell him, "no thanks" at that time or even better, accepted the gift in private not in front of the cameras.

I wonder what really happened there. I don't like MY President no matter who he is, getting "surprises" from anyone outside his cadre or family.

Musings...

It was his secret instructions from Bejing. LMAO. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.-Freud

Forum List

Back