Secular Islam Summit

I just wonder if the sentiment will spread enough to be make a difference anyplace outside of St. Pete

I just wonder if the sentiment will spread enough to be make a difference anyplace outside of St. Pete

My instincts say, 'No.' These are thinkers from an area with few. But it is from the elite usually, where ideas stem and flow down. Sounds snooty, but tis true.

I have to believe that sooner or later one of these Muslim leaders will realize that the surest way to achieve their goals is to motivate the Muslims into a campaign of transformation and modernization. The day that leader can reconcile Islam with the modern world, then that leader will be a force to be reckoned with indeed!

I have to believe that sooner or later one of these Muslim leaders will realize that the surest way to achieve their goals is to motivate the Muslims into a campaign of transformation and modernization. The day that leader can reconcile Islam with the modern world, then that leader will be a force to be reckoned with indeed!

Seriously, I don't see how a true leader of 'Islam' as now being preached, coupled with the Koran, can do so. Maybe I'm too pessimistic? Just based on what I've read.

I'll be Repping you on that CSM.

Great post.

I agree as well...They live in the 7th Century...but sure want there Nuclear Power...No radios though..or Western Music.

They are seriously behind the times is right........

I suppose it's like being raised using an out-house..they just don't know things could be so much easier in life.

Half of the men over there wouldn't know how to get a girl to kiss him...unless it was an arranged marriage.....They got a long ways to go....and alot don't want the change in there life...to something that's more free...and where one has a choice.

I don't like how they surpress there women either...

If I would of been invited to that get together...I would of gona and sat in the Jon....I'm not holding my breath either...

Things could change...and you'd still have Jake The Snake man doing things that most countries would outlaw 5 miles outa the city limits......

These religious police also......

I wonder what would happen to these countries if the need for Oil & Heroin vanished over night....In a bit of a rotton mood...Read an article a couple days back..about a woman killed in front of a crowd because she worked a job.

It would take generations before we'd see any changes we'd notice.

(shaking my head)..:)

I'll be Repping you on that CSM.

Great post.

Thanks. If you think about it, all the great Muslim leaders have been able to unite disparate tribes and sects to achieve a common goal. The greatest have been able to unite them not just militarily but econmically, culturally and religiously as well. Osama Bin Laden could have pulled that off but he got sidetracked w the whole terrorism thing. He grossly miscalculated because of his unreasoned hatred and lust for power. The rest of the current crop is in the same vein or just plain do not have the charisma and influence.

I agree as well...They live in the 7th Century...but sure want there Nuclear Power...No radios though..or Western Music.

They are seriously behind the times is right........

I suppose it's like being raised using an out-house..they just don't know things could be so much easier in life.

Half of the men over there wouldn't know how to get a girl to kiss him...unless it was an arranged marriage.....They got a long ways to go....and alot don't want the change in there life...to something that's more free...and where one has a choice.

I don't like how they surpress there women either...

If I would of been invited to that get together...I would of gona and sat in the Jon....I'm not holding my breath either...

Things could change...and you'd still have Jake The Snake man doing things that most countries would outlaw 5 miles outa the city limits......

These religious police also......

I wonder what would happen to these countries if the need for Oil & Heroin vanished over night....In a bit of a rotton mood...Read an article a couple days back..about a woman killed in front of a crowd because she worked a job.

It would take generations before we'd see any changes we'd notice.

(shaking my head)..:)

Those that are after the nukes see the weapons as a means to gaining and ensuring their power....very much so.

If they had no oil or poppies, they would be just like Somalia!

Thanks. If you think about it, all the great Muslim leaders have been able to unite disparate tribes and sects to achieve a common goal. The greatest have been able to unite them not just militarily but econmically, culturally and religiously as well. Osama Bin Laden could have pulled that off but he got sidetracked w the whole terrorism thing. He grossly miscalculated because of his unreasoned hatred and lust for power. The rest of the current crop is in the same vein or just plain do not have the charisma and influence.

You hit the nail on the head....I agree.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=258076311558394

What Is CAIR Afraid Of?

INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Posted 3/6/2007

Politics And Islam: The first Secular Islam Summit was a success if for no other reason than it intimidated the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the PR machine of militant Islam.

The Washington-based group that boycotts airlines and bullies radio personalities and politicians into toeing the Islamist line is clearly worried about the message from Muslim reformers.

It dispatched its henchmen to Florida to shout the reformers down at their confab earlier this week. CAIR also posted on its Web site no fewer than four stories bashing the event and its courageous speakers, many of whom are women calling for an end to inequality and mistreatment under radical Islam.

CAIR declared the summit illegitimate because few of the participants are "practicing Muslims," and those who are, it claims, are merely pawns playing into the hands of "Islamophobes."

"In order to have legitimate reform, you need to have the right messengers," asserted CAIR spokesman Ahmed Bedier.

And who might that be? The four CAIR executives who have been successfully prosecuted on terrorism-related charges? The CAIR co-founder who said the Quran should replace the U.S. Constitution as "the highest authority in America"?

True voices of moderation are the delegates to the Secular Islam Summit, who insisted in their declaration that mosque and state should always be separate. They also called for tolerance for non-Muslims, and an end to violent jihad. CAIR should take notes.

So what if many of them are ex-Muslims? They risked their lives to leave Islam and now dare to openly criticize an ideology that everyone else is afraid to criticize. What these brave souls have to say carries far more weight than anything said by CAIR, which couldn't even bring itself to condemn Osama bin Laden in the wake of 9/11.

Yes, Bedier argued, but the summit's "funding is coming from the neoconservatives." An article posted by CAIR suggests "Israeli intelligence" is behind the movement.

In CAIR's kooky world, the Zionists are behind everything, even 9/11.

But if anyone was behind 9/11, it was the Saudis. And guess who bankrolls CAIR? Right: the Saudis.

Fittingly, CAIR's Bedier balked when summit delegate Tawfik Hamid, a former terrorist, challenged him to denounce Saudi sharia law for "killing apostates, beating women and stoning women."

"This is not about Saudi Arabia," he huffed. "We condemn any nation that misuses Islam, but we're not going to condemn an entire nation. That's like condemning London (sic)."

Another CAIR sugar daddy is the ruler of Dubai, which acted as the staging ground for the hijackers and the transit point for 9/11 cash.

Sheikh Mohammed, who before 9/11 requisitioned cargo jets to supply Osama bin Laden's Afghan camps, owns CAIR's D.C. headquarters through his foundation, which also holds telethons for Palestinian "martyrs."

The same foundation recently pledged $50 million to CAIR to boost its operations, which includes a legal shop set up to intimidate critics with vexatious lawsuits.

Radical groups like CAIR have been on the offensive, primarily because counterattacks by moderates have been few and far between.

But the Secular Islam Summit offers a ray of hope. Just a handful of reformers gathered in Florida made CAIR squirm. Imagine if hundreds of moderate Muslim voices rose up and challenged the Saudi-backed Wahhabi lobby.

Forum List

Back