Secretary of the Navy calls for review of JAG, including Marines

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
origin.jpg

The Navy has pie in its face after losing the Gallagher courts-martial.

"There is value in applying this review and its subsequent recommendations across the Department of the Navy," Cmdr. Jereal Dorsey told Task & Purpose. "The review's purpose is to confirm the uniformed legal community is structurally and organizationally sound and best supporting the good order and discipline our integrated naval force."

In his Aug. 21 memo, Spencer wrote that the Navy and Marine Corps will provide recommendations about whether any policies, authorities, and statues need to be updated and whether any "corrective actions" are necessary.

Both the Navy and the Marine Corps have 15 days to explain how they will conduct their reviews and 90 days to provide Spencer with the results, the memo says.

I could never figure out how this or some other cases came to be. The Uniformed Code of Judicial Conduct is as clear as a bell on investigations and how charges are filed. And by whom. There is a strict chain of command on each level and I can only think that some commanders have been blind-sided by their advisors.

I wonder if the review will find out who did what and why.

More
@ Navy secretary expands JAG review ordered after the Gallagher fiasco to include Marine Corps

origin.jpg

The Navy has pie in its face after losing the Gallagher courts-martial.

"There is value in applying this review and its subsequent recommendations across the Department of the Navy," Cmdr. Jereal Dorsey told Task & Purpose. "The review's purpose is to confirm the uniformed legal community is structurally and organizationally sound and best supporting the good order and discipline our integrated naval force."

In his Aug. 21 memo, Spencer wrote that the Navy and Marine Corps will provide recommendations about whether any policies, authorities, and statues need to be updated and whether any "corrective actions" are necessary.

Both the Navy and the Marine Corps have 15 days to explain how they will conduct their reviews and 90 days to provide Spencer with the results, the memo says.

I could never figure out how this or some other cases came to be. The Uniformed Code of Judicial Conduct is as clear as a bell on investigations and how charges are filed. And by whom. There is a strict chain of command on each level and I can only think that some commanders have been blind-sided by their advisors.

I wonder if the review will find out who did what and why.

More
@ Navy secretary expands JAG review ordered after the Gallagher fiasco to include Marine Corps
..I wouldn't call that trial a fiasco--more like a can of worms/pandora's box/etc

It's no disgrace for JAG to lose a case but the Gallagher thing stinks of political corruption. Are JAG people so out of touch with reality that they think they can get away with awarding themselves freaking medals for outstanding service when Gallagher shouldn't even been tried?

New Topics

Forum List

Back