Secret Window

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Adding more evidence to my hypothesis that traitors make the best actors, Mr. Depp acquits himself marvelously in Secret Window. Likewise, Turturro (one of my personal favorites) does what he can with his relatively cardboard character, and does it well enough.

Humorous at times, this movie is not so much scary as it is simply anticipatory.

And as it pertains to some earlier thread about figuring movie twists out, I had this one at about 25 minutes in. I felt it was obvious, but it didn't really take anything from the enjoyment. The dialogue and later the cinematography and post production effects were sufficient to keep me interested.

I agree--not as good as I expected but worth the watch. A lot of Hitchcock- like cinematoghraphy that kept me hanging in there. Depp was OK but my personal feelings towards him made me hypercrital . Predictable?----Yup

dilloduck said:
Depp was OK but my personal feelings towards him made me hypercrital .

Look at it this way.

One of the tenets of my "traitors make the best actors" hypothesis is in order to be a great actor you must be incredibly stupid. The less there is in your head, the easier it is for you to assume the personality of another. Generally speaking of course.

Zhukov said:
Look at it this way.

One of the tenets of my "traitors make the best actors" hypothesis is in order to be a great actor you must be incredibly stupid. The less there is in your head, the easier it is for you to assume the personality of another. Generally speaking of course.

LOL thanks for the help with my perception.

I just realized that I can use this same technique when watching the Clintons !!!!!!!!

What's with the Depp-hate? I honestly don't know what he's done, someone tell me!

Is it the thing where he told the French reporter bad stuff about Bush? Because he publicly announced that he didn't really say that, that his words were taken out of context.

Okay, so that's more or less what I said.

Either way, he's a great actor and usually keeps his mouth shut about these sorts of things.

Zhukov said:
Look at it this way.

not sure that would apply to depp though. Look at the characters he has played throughout his career, almost all of them strange, completely eccentric, and downright off the wall at times. Not a one of them has ever been the same and that takes real genius to pull off. Cant say much about his other issues though as I hear enough about 'how hot he is' from my 15 year old stepdaughter. :blowup:

Zhukov said:
Look at it this way.

I think that explains a lot...Depp is an idiot but a great performer.

Sometimes I have a laugh watching 'e' tv...when they interview these guys all dolled and some of the stuff that comes out of their mouth makes even Hollywood writers blush...
Once this actress was asked who she is voting for this coming election...the answer? - the Bush/Kerry team. She was up for some award in a film or tv or something...

Forum List

Back