Secret Service Shakeup

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
randolph-alles-1200-25-apr-2017-ts600.jpeg

The uniform confused me as it looks like an Army one. Clearly the Border Patrol one.

President Donald Trump picked retired major general and current acting deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Randolph "Tex" Alles for the post, adding another prominent Marine veteran to an administration rapidly filling with them.

It sure seems the president has a thing for senior Marine officers to fill his administration’s top positions. I just wonder at the wisdom of appointing a combat pilot and instructor to a Department of the Treasure position – that’s what the Secret Service falls under. Beside protecting the president and vice-president and family, the main job is ensure the integrity of our monetary system.

Story @ Trump Picks Marine General, Top Gun Pilot as Secret Service Director | Military.com

Reading the article, it sounds as though the Secret Service is having a little problem with discipline. As head of an armed security force, seems like a fine pick. I wouldn't think he'd be inadequate to head the investigative division either.

Maybe if he were a senior Army officer? (j/k) :)

Reading the article, it sounds as though the Secret Service is having a little problem with discipline. As head of an armed security force, seems like a fine pick. I wouldn't think he'd be inadequate to head the investigative division either.

Maybe if he were a senior Army officer? (j/k) :)

Putting a retired commissioned officer from any branch of the uniformed services is perfectly fine with me.

Forum List

Back