Secret Service: No One Shouted 'Kill Him' About Obama

Yep, I posted this earlier:

the only one who seems to have heard it was the first reporter that wrote about it:

The Associated Press: Secret Service looking into Obama threat at rally

Secret Service looking into Obama threat at rally

By EILEEN SULLIVAN – 14 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Secret Service is looking into a second allegation that a participant at a Republican political rally shouted "kill him," referring to Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

In both the Clearwater and the Scranton instances, the Service only learned of the alleged threats through media reports.

"We would ask that anyone overhearing threatening language bring it to the attention of the Secret Service or other law enforcement at the event immediately," Zahren said.

The Secret Service cannot prevent or police poor behavior at public events, Zahren said, but the agency draws the line at threatening language.

"We do not have the luxury of discounting such language as simply bad taste or bad behavior without further investigation," he said.

So far, the Secret Service has not found anyone else who heard "kill him" Tuesday except for the Times-Tribune reporter.

Shouts of "traitor," "terrorist," "treason," "liar," and even "off with his head" have rung from the crowd at Republican rallies.

The anti-Obama taunts and jeers are noticeably louder when McCain appears with Palin, a big draw for GOP conservatives. She accused Obama last week of "palling around with terrorists" because of his past, loose association with a 1960s radical.

Obama tried to make the point last night showing McCain's negativity and how abusive his supporters are to Obama. He related the story, reported throughout the press, that when his name was mentioned, McCain supporters shouted, "Kill him!"

It never happened. Read the story. We're being manipulated, friends. Secret Service: No One Shouted 'Kill Him' About Obama
I wonder why you feel the need to mischaracterize what the secret service said.

I wonder why you feel the need to mischaracterize what the secret service said.

I'm sorry, I thought everyone on this board was literate.

I posted this story because the mainstream media is still approaching the allegation as though it did happen, even though there isn't much evidence.

Obama tried to make the point last night showing McCain's negativity and how abusive his supporters are to Obama. He related the story, reported throughout the press, that when his name was mentioned, McCain supporters shouted, "Kill him!"

It never happened. Read the story. We're being manipulated, friends. Secret Service: No One Shouted 'Kill Him' About Obama

Wow, you Cons are trying to spin anything you can, look its over, accept it just like I had to accept it when the monkey was given the Presidency in 2000 and all you Cons were jumping for joy.

Good call

I'm sorry, I thought everyone on this board was literate.

I posted this story because the mainstream media is still approaching the allegation as though it did happen, even though there isn't much evidence.

Which is why I posted the AP story.

Wow, you Cons are trying to spin anything you can, look its over, accept it just like I had to accept it when the monkey was given the Presidency in 2000 and all you Cons were jumping for joy.

Good call

Yeah Chic, fall in line, heel to toe, eyes in the boat - and all that jazz. It's time for the real monkeys to take the helm.

I told you it was a lie. Now let's hear about how the press isn't biased, and doesn't lie:

SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."...

"He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell “kill him.”

“We have yet to find someone to back up the story,” Slavoski said. “We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.”

Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded | Wilkes-Barre breaking news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

I told you it was a lie. Now let's hear about how the press isn't biased, and doesn't lie:

SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."...

"He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell “kill him.”

“We have yet to find someone to back up the story,” Slavoski said. “We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.”

Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded | Wilkes-Barre breaking news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

Well Always A Bitch, I actually WATCHED the speech on LIVE FUCKING TV, and I heard it too.

Nope......just more of the McInsane Twisted Express trying to cover things up. Kinda reminds me of a 3 legged cat on a linoleum floor, trying to bury a turd.

Well Always A Bitch, I actually WATCHED the speech on LIVE FUCKING TV, and I heard it too.

Nope......just more of the McInsane Twisted Express trying to cover things up. Kinda reminds me of a 3 legged cat on a linoleum floor, trying to bury a turd.

Of course you heard it, but you also just saw how much they want to pretend it's not the case by saying it never happened when it was all over the TV and EVERYONE could hear it. It was really pretty "kill him", "off with his head", "terrorist", "traitor"...

and all the while Sawwah kept smiling and revving up the lynch mob.:clap2:

So, in a crowd of supporters of a particular party no-one heard bad words uttered against the other party's candidate?

What do you expect?

[ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks]YouTube - Monty Python's "Life of Brian" (Stoned to death...)[/ame]

I saw the clip and heard it too. This denial is pretty fucking hilarious though. Why not just denounce the asshole instead of pretending it never happened? Oh wait, I know...because pit bull Palin was actually egging them on.

It was a second inccident yesterday that htis is about.

But I must say if a tree falls in the woods and only one person hears it did it make a noise?

How surprizing no Palin supporter heard the comment huh?

Forum List

Back