Secret Service Agents Protecting Candidates Aren’t Getting Paid For All Their Work

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
And they really go through hell to do their jobs, especially with Shrillary. I wonder what Trump is going to say when this is brought to his attention. And even if he wanted to, I don't think the law would allow him to make up the difference.

It’s the federal cap, Secret Service officials said, that has posed a problem during this year’s election and become a subject of ire and frustration for many inside the agency.

When overtime payments drive an agent’s aggregate income for the year past the federal limit of $160,300 — no matter how early — the agent no longer earns paid overtime, even as they regularly clock in long past the 50-hour work week, traveling around the clock with the candidates, their families, the Obamas, the Bidens, and the press.

More @ Secret Service Agents Protecting Candidates Aren’t Getting Paid For All Their Work

Yes an no. They have on-duty and off-duty time. If travelling is part of the job, you don't get paid to travel. Guy gets paid for an 8 hour day, he does not get paid for the other 16, regardless if he's home or on the road. That's SOP everywhere.

Yes an no. They have on-duty and off-duty time. If travelling is part of the job, you don't get paid to travel. Guy gets paid for an 8 hour day, he does not get paid for the other 16, regardless if he's home or on the road. That's SOP everywhere.

Gee, sounds just like the military!

well... yeah.

and I'm not going to lie - i think they're exceptional people and all but that's good money for police work

well... yeah.

and I'm not going to lie - i think they're exceptional people and all but that's good money for police work

Most people don't realize there are TWO secret services. The biggest part are the agents tasked with protecting the viability of our money - the ones seeking out counterfitting. The protective details are separate.

Special Agent
At a minimum, a prospective agent must be a U.S. citizen, possess a current valid driver's license, possess visual acuity no worse than 20/60 uncorrected, correctable to 20/20 in each eye, and be between the ages of 21 and 37 at the time of appointment. However, preference eligible veterans may apply after age 37. In 2009, the Office of Personnel Management issued implementation guidance on the Isabella v. Department of State court decision: OPM Letter.[44]

Secret Service agents (foreground, right) guard President George W. Bush in 2008.
Special agents receive basic training in two locations. The first phase, the Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) is conducted at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) at Glynco, GA. The second phase, the Special Agent Training Course (SATC) is conducted at the James J. Rowley Training Center, located in Beltsville, MD.[citation needed]

A Secret Service agent's career consists of three phases. In phase one, Secret Service special agents spend six to eight years on-the-job, assigned to a field office. After their field experience, agents usually transfer to a protective detail for four to seven years, during what is known as phase two or the protection phase. Following their protective assignment, many agents return to the field, transfer to a headquarters office, a training office, or other Washington, D.C.-based assignment for phase three of their career. Promotions affect the typical career path. An agent's working hours depend upon the assignment. Generally, an agent can expect to travel a lot and do a significant amount of shift work, especially during phase two. Throughout their career, agents continue their training.

From United States Secret Service - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back