Secret ploy by wacko treehuggers

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Jun 5, 2008
Maine
The way I see it, so called "global warming" is a secret ploy by wacko treehuggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve fuel efficiency of our vheicles, kick-start the 21st century industries, and make our cities safer and more liveable.

Don't let them get away with it!

Chip Giller

Last edited:
You know whats so funny about environmentalists don't you? How misdirected their efforts are. Here they are in the United States dropping law suits at the hint of construction of a Nuclear power plant or oil facility. However, you don't see those same people chaining themselves to tree's and breaking into and burning down research facilities in China by any chance do you? Here we have a country that is building a dirty burning coal fired plant at the rate of one every two weeks and here these people are in this country trying to keep our domestic clean supply of energy down all in the name of keeping the earth safe. It shows you how totally moronic those efforts are. Want to know something else, these same "green technology people" yell and scream at the top of their lungs how good it's going to be. What they don't realize is this, the world second largest producer of Lithium-ion batteries for cars is in China, the first is in Japan. Want to know where the worlds largest producer of Solar Arrays is? well thats Japan followed close by China. It simply amazes me that environmentalist are so bent on the destruction of the country in which they live.

You know whats so funny about environmentalists don't you? How misdirected their efforts are. Here they are in the United States dropping law suits at the hint of construction of a Nuclear power plant or oil facility. However, you don't see those same people chaining themselves to tree's and breaking into and burning down research facilities in China by any chance do you? Here we have a country that is building a dirty burning coal fired plant at the rate of one every two weeks and here these people are in this country trying to keep our domestic clean supply of energy down all in the name of keeping the earth safe. It shows you how totally moronic those efforts are. Want to know something else, these same "green technology people" yell and scream at the top of their lungs how good it's going to be. What they don't realize is this, the world second largest producer of Lithium-ion batteries for cars is in China, the first is in Japan. Want to know where the worlds largest producer of Solar Arrays is? well thats Japan followed close by China. It simply amazes me that environmentalist are so bent on the destruction of the country in which they live.

Don't forget that it's all in a "name." We can't drill for oil because we might disturb an eco system, but if you call it something other than oil, you can blot out the landscape with thousands of windmills. Amd of course those thousands of windmills don't disturb anything.:eusa_whistle:

Amd of course those thousands of windmills don't disturb anything.:eusa_whistle:

Heheh, I can imagine a future in which wind and sunlight are actually seen as resources, as in, monetarily valuable, where the wind patterns are so tapped that there are lines of wind-harvesting devices in the atmosphere along the gulfstreams and stray breezes are rare, and where many portions of the Earth's surface are in perpetual darkness - those parts where the sunlight hitting the surface is considered a "waste" and those parts that the solar energy brokers can just get away with covering (Enjoying your steak, [public offical]? Say, have you ever wondered whether those slums downtown really need all that free sunlight that could be put to ($)better(/$) use? (do homeowners own the sky above them?)). A world in which sunlit windows are a luxury for the well-off and to feel the wind in your hair you need a motorcycle.

Oh yes; we can fuck up the environment pursuing any source of energy, and will probably start doing so just as soon as it becomes big-time profitable :cool:

[sanity]Of course we should use a variety of sources and not go overboard in tapping any one of them,[/sanity] [reality]but if they could make serious money that way, they'd already be doin' it ;)[/reality]

Don't forget that it's all in a "name." We can't drill for oil because we might disturb an eco system, but if you call it something other than oil, you can blot out the landscape with thousands of windmills. Amd of course those thousands of windmills don't disturb anything.:eusa_whistle:

My point to, go Nuclear ... small ... efficient ... and safer than all other options. But then the environmentalists complain about that. I don't like oil burning so much myself, I like being able breath, but I like seeing trees to. I think nuclear is the happy medium.

If something doesn't happen to kill off a huge number of people, there won't be an enviornment to save.

Forum List

Back